Anonymous hacks Vatican again

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

The hacktivist group Anonymous has taken down the Vatican’s website for a second time. The attack is part of the organization’s recent declaration of war against religion.

Posted Image

Anonymous has hacked the Vatican for a second time. The website for the Catholic Church, vatican.va, is currently down. Unlike the first hack, which appeared to be a typical Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack, this one is more than just taking down the website. The main target of the new strike is Vatican Radio, and today’s attack is possible because of a backdoor Anonymous created for itself the first time around.

Once again, Anonymous’ Italian members are the ones behind this particular siege. A Pastebin post details what Anonymous wants from the Vatican. It is written entirely in Italian, the only exception being the group’s signature:

We are Anonymous

We are Legion

We don’t forgive

We don’t forget

Expect Us!

In short, the message says the Vatican’s systems are less secure than the Church may think. While everyone was focused on the site being down, Anonymous decided to penetrate the systems further than just your average DDoS attack, which typically overloads a website with requests.

In the first attack on March 7, Anonymous said it is not personally attacking Christians, just the Vatican itself. The group explained it has a problem with the Catholic Church’s teachings on birth control and abortion. Anonymous is also not happy with the way the Vatican handles widespread sexual abuse scandals. Last but not least, it accused the Church of harboring Nazi war criminals and condemned the institution for allowing its representatives to molest children.

In August 2011, Anonymous attempted to attack the Vatican, but failed. Instead, the group targeted the website of the 2011 World Youth Day, the massive Catholic youth festival that was underway in Madrid, Spain. The website was up and down all day on the first day of the festival: August 18.

Posted Image View: Original Article

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
grouchysmurf

Well, the site is back up, so like everything this wanna be group seems to do,

it was a half-a$$ job anyway.

Look, Anonymous, do me a favor and get a life.

What ever cause you seem to care about is lost in your actions.

Anonymous said it is not personally attacking Christians, just the Vatican itself.

Well, you are.And brother, if you think the Catholic church is some kind of organized crime

syndicate, why would you want to screw with it? If the Vatican does not respond to you, it is

only because you simply do not matter to them....and they forgive you. :pope:

(Ok, I have been dying to work that face into a post..lol)

Anonymous said it is not personally attacking Christians, just the Vatican itself.

Well, you are.And brother, if you think the Catholic church is some kind of organized crime

syndicate, why would you want to screw with it? If the Vatican does not respond to you, it is

In essence you are right, they are attacking christians personally, because christians, over the years (not just a few years, I'm talking hundreds of years here), have been so ignorant in allowing the Vatican to be their religious authority. In turn the Vatican was like: oh, you trust us no matter what, well, then it seems we can do anything we want. So they did; they waged war, they single-handedly set back science a couple hundreds of years and let's not forget the more recent 'revelations'...

They are attacking exactly that which christians allowed to happen and for that reason you could say they are attacking (in the more verbal/communicative sense of the word) all christians as well, rightfully so, I'll add that.

grouchysmurf

In essence you are right, they are attacking christians personally, because christians, over the years (not just a few years, I'm talking hundreds of years here), have been so ignorant in allowing the Vatican to be their religious authority. In turn the Vatican was like: oh, you trust us no matter what, well, then it seems we can do anything we want. So they did; they waged war, they single-handedly set back science a couple hundreds of years and let's not forget the more recent 'revelations'...

They are attacking exactly that which christians allowed to happen and for that reason you could say they are attacking (in the more verbal/communicative sense of the word) all christians as well, rightfully so, I'll add that.

Ok, well...a couple of hundred years ago mankind was alot dumber than it is now.

The europeans started the slave trade, my family comes from Europe. Using what you seem to be inferring, that makes me responsible for slavery.

For the record: I have never owned a slave in my life. I do not believe that the color of location of any human being defines them as one label or another.

Exactly what the h*ll is this group trying to accomplish some 4 or 5 hundred years later? Hmmm? To me, it is simply a waste of talent, time, and resources. And again I say...they sure as HELL do not speak for me. I do not think war accomplishes anything, anymore than acting like a spoiled child. They need to grow up. If you do not like what your government is doing, then CHANGE the government. Stop trying to lay blame on everyone else.

If you agree with the actions of a spoiled child, perhaps you need to examine your position.

I am sorry if this puts me outside the pail, but not all of us are anarchists.

Ok, well...a couple of hundred years ago mankind was alot dumber than it is now.

The europeans started the slave trade, my family comes from Europe. Using what you seem to be inferring, that makes me responsible for slavery.

For the record: I have never owned a slave in my life. I do not believe that the color of location of any human being defines them as one label or another.

Exactly what the h*ll is this group trying to accomplish some 4 or 5 hundred years later? Hmmm? To me, it is simply a waste of talent, time, and resources. And again I say...they sure as HELL do not speak for me. I do not think war accomplishes anything, anymore than acting like a spoiled child. They need to grow up. If you do not like what your government is doing, then CHANGE the government. Stop trying to lay blame on everyone else.

If you agree with the actions of a spoiled child, perhaps you need to examine your position.

I am sorry if this puts me outside the pail, but not all of us are anarchists.

No, what I'm saying is that if you voted for a government which commits crimes against humanity you would also be (at least in part) responsible for these crimes. Same way christians who are in fact supporting the Vatican are (at least in part) responsible for the crimes committed by the Vatican.

'If you do not like what your government is doing, then CHANGE the government.'

Exactly that is what I am vouching for. If you are a christian and the Vatican facilitates the molestation of children (and who knows how many other things), you should change the Vatican.

I don't mean to offend you, I'm just stating my opinion, if it does offend you please let me know ;)

grouchysmurf

shought,

You in no way offend me.

I fear that my own point is getting muddled in my poor communication skill.

My Grandmother loved the Vatican, she was a very religious person.

She in NO WAY ever supported crimes against children or anyone else.

She also did not speak of such things. As with most senior citizens, she did not dwell on

nor speak of such things.

As the generation has become younger, interest in such things as the Vatican or any other religious icon

is dwindling. Even things in the middle east are changing with the younger generations.

I have my own beliefs and they do not require the Vatican's approval. As with any other criminal activity, those found guilty should

be prosecuted.

But again, I am not going to lower myself to behaving like a spoiled child with entitlement issues.

What this group of hackers is doing is just plain wrong. I can no more support them than I can the people responsible for trying to steal our privacy and right to communicate. Two wrongs do not make a right. I do not want my presence on the web to be tied to people responsible for destroying someone else's property. And before you bring up the point of having software with "medicine" created to extend its' usability, believe it or not the software companies make bank on the free word of mouth advertising, so I consider it payment for services rendered. Again, no damage was done.

Cyberspace was never suppose to be about power issues. It was suppose to be about communication. For me, it is a way to talk with someone from a different country and try to see the world thru their eyes, like you for example. :)

:cheers:

shought,

You in no way offend me.

I fear that my own point is getting muddled in my poor communication skill.

My Grandmother loved the Vatican, she was a very religious person.

She in NO WAY ever supported crimes against children or anyone else.

She also did not speak of such things. As with most senior citizens, she did not dwell on

nor speak of such things.

As the generation has become younger, interest in such things as the Vatican or any other religious icon

is dwindling. Even things in the middle east are changing with the younger generations.

I have my own beliefs and they do not require the Vatican's approval. As with any other criminal activity, those found guilty should

be prosecuted.

But again, I am not going to lower myself to behaving like a spoiled child with entitlement issues.

What this group of hackers is doing is just plain wrong. I can no more support them than I can the people responsible for trying to steal our privacy and right to communicate. Two wrongs do not make a right. I do not want my presence on the web to be tied to people responsible for destroying someone else's property. And before you bring up the point of having software with "medicine" created to extend its' usability, believe it or not the software companies make bank on the free word of mouth advertising, so I consider it payment for services rendered. Again, no damage was done.

Cyberspace was never suppose to be about power issues. It was suppose to be about communication. For me, it is a way to talk with someone from a different country and try to see the world thru their eyes, like you for example. :)

:cheers:

A valid point of view, not one I agree with, but valid nonetheless :)

;)

Archived