Problems with EAV_v3.xxx

KotaXor

I hope it is just me... after installing version 3 of Nod32, my system seem to crash or corrupted with virus more often.

Example, I had virus which was detected by EAV and it was deleted by EAV, but my taskbar and desktop icon keep disappearing and appearing again...I reformat it once and use a newer version of EAV.

After a few days, again the same things happen, but this time I managed to remove all the corrupted .dll using some other software......no need to reformat.

All in, it happen a total of three times, finally I revert back to Nod32 version 2.7.39 and till today, everything seem OK.

I do encounter virus or trojan while using Nod32 v2.7.39, it was detected and deleted and no problem with my system.

That's about 2 month back...

Recently, one of my friend who is using EAV_v3.0.650 too face this problem, till date he has already formated his laptop 3 times until I taught him how to remove the .dll files without reformating. We are using XP Pro Service Pack 3.

I am not implying that it is due to EAV.....just some co-incident, I hope. Some day, I might want to go back to version 3...but I guess not at this moment.

Don't know if it is just me or my friend, maybe some of you might be facing the same problem. Would love to hear you experiences!!

• Replies 4
  • Views 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm back to NOD32 2.70.39, myself - though for reasons unrelated to viral crashes. I did try out V3 throughout most of its builds - installing & uninstalling, each time. However, I experienced a series of BSODs with the V3, (every build.) The final straw came when it was discovered out that V3 attempts to firewall every application / program through itself and I dumped it for good.

BTW, V2 uses the same definition updates as V3.

I'm back to NOD32 2.70.39, myself - though for reasons unrelated to viral crashes. I did try out V3 throughout most of its builds - installing & uninstalling, each time. However, I experienced a series of BSODs with the V3, (every build.) The final straw came when it was discovered out that V3 attempts to firewall every application / program through itself and I dumped it for good.

BTW, V2 uses the same definition updates as V3.

Yeah, the update def is the same!

I feel v3 is more vulnerable, I only tried the EAV not ESS. You tried the ESS?

Maybe just coincidence, but system tend to crash or corrupt easily while using EAV v3, maybe I am paranoid but v2 don't give me this kind of feeling......

You tried the ESS?

No, I haven't because at the time of the V3 release, I was running my trusted ZoneAlarm. Moreover, I prefer 'standalone's' over 'suites' such as ESS for their level of customization.

You tried the ESS?

No, I haven't because at the time of the V3 release, I was running my trusted ZoneAlarm. Moreover, I prefer 'standalone's' over 'suites' such as ESS for their level of customization.

Yeah, that's goes for me too. Don't trust a using just single software for whole system, if one get corrupted, no other defence left!

Archived