AntiSpywareMaster

zer0buRn

Today at work a friend of mine was telling me she downloaded some new software she came across on the web while surfing a website Allyousee (i think thats it). Anyway her and her boyfriend was watching a few clips from a new movie when a popup ad appeared and did a "fake" scan and told her she had a bunch of problems wrong and what not. As she was telling me this story she told me that software installed itself and told her to uninstall any AV programs she had inorder for AntiSpywareMaster to work, she also told me she had paid for the program in order to even use it. I told her to drive home right now and get that laptop and bring it in so i can look at it. Needless to say a quick google of the program told me it was useless and a fraud i told her to call her credit card company and put a stop payment on it and block anything from them.

I just wanted to write this here incase anyone out there doesn't fall victim to it as well. But I'm assuming most people on this forum now a thing or two about whats real and whats fake but for the new comers out there beware.

http://www.xp-vista.com/spyware-removal/an...al-instructions

• Replies 4
  • Views 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pop ups always pop up while surfing the web so don't click on them unless its from NSANE :D you are good here and most of the pop ups are always fake and bad...

pop ups always pop up while surfing the web so don't click on them unless its from NSANE :) you are good here and most of the pop ups are always fake and bad...

That's pretty much what I told her (besides the nsane part). :D

• 3 weeks later...

ahahaha the nsane part was ment to say if you download from here its cool :frusty:

Archived