OEM Driver update

rudrax

I have a sony vaio notebook..As you all know, the drivers can't simply be updated because of OEM restrictions which makes me feel like a hell..So I request all the hackers and techie related to nsane.down and nsane.forums, also any guest reading this, PLEASE help me and all other vaio users facing this problem. THANK YOU :)

Well, I need the solution with my ATI card..I want to install the latest 12.1 drivers.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't just download the drivers from the ATI site?

-BTY

oh I have never done that..Try to install update of the ATI gfx driver in some vaio and come here and ask again You can't just download the drivers from the ATI site?, if u can..

did u try finding drivers with drivergenius? what is the exact model number of your vaio?

Driver Genius sucks on vaio..model: VPCEB24EN

Driver to update: The 12.1 version of ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5145 for win 7 x86

did u try these drivers? it might be better to uninstall old drivers prior to installing new ones

did u try these drivers? it might be better to uninstall old drivers prior to installing new ones

Exactly..and I have uninstalled previous radeon drivers then completely sweeped the leftovers with driver sweeper..restarted..then I installed the 12.1..installation ends up with some errors..restarted..thanks to some PnP drivers which kept my display alive @800x600 resolution..the 12.1 installation just add an AMD folder with extracted files..no sign of display driver in device manager..now have no other way left except using the old 10.5 drivers

Well, le'me ask u, have u ever gone through ATI drivers update on sony vaio notebooks?

nope, never

but try running drivercleaner.net to clean out old drivers as well. i've had good success with that cleaning out old drivers on my desktops

jimbojet2011

Just use Driver solution pack 11

In most of the cases the problem will be solved

When not!

Just go as the others told to the website of ATI ( AMD ) and download the drivers.

When having problems just set the system to the standard vga drivers and then install the other drivers.

Good luck

Jim

Just use Driver solution pack 11

In most of the cases the problem will be solved

When not!

Just go as the others told to the website of ATI ( AMD ) and download the drivers.

When having problems just set the system to the standard vga drivers and then install the other drivers.

Good luck

Jim

Well Jim, DRP 11 detects my HD5145 card as HD4570..I don't think this is gonna help either!

nope, never

but try running drivercleaner.net to clean out old drivers as well. i've had good success with that cleaning out old drivers on my desktops

Its a OEM matter..A desktop user can never experience it BTW..thnx 4 ur interest though

I would format the disk. I had kind of the same problem with my Samsung laptop, and I couldn't install Nvidia or Intel drivers downloaded from their sites.

Or you can try DriverIdentifier, the best program I know to search for drivers. Although you need to select the manually. A little more work but it's worth it. :)

http://www2.ati.com/DRIVERS/mobile/12-1_mobility_vista_win7_32_dd_ccc_ocl.exe
http://www2.ati.com/DRIVERS/mobile/12-1_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

http://www2.ati.com/DRIVERS/mobile/12-1_mobility_vista_win7_32_dd_ccc_ocl.exe
http://www2.ati.com/DRIVERS/mobile/12-1_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe

I have the drivers already buddy! I am not asking for them..

I would format the disk. I had kind of the same problem with my Samsung laptop, and I couldn't install Nvidia or Intel drivers downloaded from their sites.

Or you can try DriverIdentifier, the best program I know to search for drivers. Although you need to select the manually. A little more work but it's worth it. :)

Buddy, previously I had win 7 HB x64..So I have completely formatted my hard drive and installed Win 7 ultimate x86..I have tried the ATI mobility modder from DriverHeaven but no use to me..

Archived