Increase - Virtual Ram - to make ur sys faster

Marik

If you have +4GB of RAM and you're on XP (not Vista), you can disable the Page file.

However, if you're a troubleshooter, leave at least 25MB of Page file for Kernel Memory Dump.

I disabled my pagefile with 2 GB RAM and didn't encounter any problems until I started playing games :mellow:

Oh, correct that, I just checked lolz, and I've still got my pagefile disabled, even when playing games, LOL! :P Me crazy ;)

• Replies 33
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2GB is not enough for XP and especially VISTA, since there are a lot of games which extracts game files from compressed files. The same can be said for memory intensive applications like Photoshop, AutoCAD, etc...

2GB is not enough for XP and especially VISTA, since there are a lot of games which extracts game files from compressed files. The same can be said for memory intensive applications like Photoshop, AutoCAD, etc...

vista is the king of resources when it comes to games

what costs 500-1000 mb ram in xp, costs 1gb-2gb in vista :rolleyes:

I've been running like this without any problems for over 4 months :rolleyes: Even using 368 MB of my RAM continuously for eBoostr's cache <_< I must be mad for this to work, luckily I am!

• 1 month later...

ok I GOT 1,5 GB Ram my os is xp home,im using pc only for internet,can i disable page file?

or how big page file i must set?

it should either be 1.5 of your ram or 3 at the most. But i only suggest you multiply it by 3 if you have over 2 gb ram

it should either be 1.5 of your ram or 3 at the most. But i only suggest you multiply it by 3 if you have over 2 gb ram

I recommend you set it to 512-1024 MB(so 768 would be a safe value in the middle, if you're running Vista 1024 is recommended(by me) and on XP I'd say 512 or 768 :sneaky:)

Oh yeah, you should always set it to a fixed value(so min same as max), this way Windows won't be calculating the 'optimum size' all the time and writing it to the hard disk/deleting it again.

Archived