Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Rudeboy2025

Rudeboy2025

Well I'm back and I'm glad I didn't listen to all the sh*tty reviews this movie got.

First of all I would like to say Welcome Back Indy! It's a been a long long time, but it's been worth the wait. Harrison Ford is in great shape and does a great job as always. Karen Allen, Marion Ravenwood from Raiders of the Lost Ark, is also back and it was great to see her too. New editions include Shia LeBeouf, Cate Blanchett, and Ray Winstone and they all do great jobs.

Now on to the story. After you watch this, don't even think about saying how far fetched the story was. Go and re-watch the previous Indy movies and tell me if any of that was believable. It doesn't matter if it's believable, the stories were like that to provide one thing - good family fun. Sure this was cheesy, but so were the other movies, but that's what makes it so much fun to watch. This movie, like its predecessors, makes use of the time setting and I'm not gonna spoil it for you. Many people hated this aspect of the movie, but I loved it because it uses what was popular in the 50s and I see nothing wrong with that.

The stunts, like in the previous movies, were completely off the wall but who cares? That's what I was expecting in the first place. The movie does make use of CGI, but doesn't use it over excessively. When it is used, for example the "forest" scene with Mutt, it looks so crazy that it adds to the cheesiness factor. The action scenes were great and lived up to my expectations.

I will use Roger Ebert's words as part of my recommendation - "I can say that if you liked the other Indiana Jones movies, you will like this one, and that if you did not, there is no talking to you." Don't go expecting the same kind of magic that Raiders had. I don't think any Indy movie can top Raiders. If you go in the with the right expectations, you will love it. I highly recommend this to all Indy fans. It's a great family adventure movie and a great summer flick. So go watch this movie, forget about your life for 2 hours, and have a great ride with Indiana Jones.

Entertainment Value - 10/10

Overall ratings of Indy movies.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - 10/10

Temple of Doom - 8.5/10

Last Crusade - 9.5/10

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 9/10

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but the problem was that it was so predictable. no surprises.

i would post examples but that would then fall under spoiler.

Archived