Video Card Problem...

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

For some reason... I recently purchased a XFX GeForce 6600 GT Video Card... And well it sure as hell beats my old ATI Radeon 8400LE... But then when I play Counter STrike... Because I am bored of WarCraft III: TFT... I lag like a mofo and can only hit 60fps.. Even after putt the fps_max 101 I still hit 60...

Bah.. And so I am curious as to what setting my Video Card has set or whatever to cause this... So what can I change to get my fps up to at LEAST 100.. Since 60 is HORRIBLE and worse than my 8500LE...

• Replies 12
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SacredCultivator

I have a AMD Athlon 2100+, with 1 GB of RAM

So I am unsure as to what the problem may be since I thought hey with a better Video Card it should be LESS laggy/ better performance not worse...

And yes I am using the Latest Drivers...

• Administrator

Maybe like me (ive got a 1900+ AMD Athlon XP, 1GB RAM, Leadtek Geforce 6800LE (unlocked to 12 pipelines with 6vp) you've got some CPU bottle neck?

I have a AMD Athlon 2100+, with 1 GB of RAM

So I am unsure as to what the problem may be since I thought hey with a better Video Card it should be LESS laggy/ better performance not worse...

And yes I am using the Latest Drivers...

newest card doesnt mean better. they still get grpahic problems with certain games that have to be patch. ATI gets that a lot

• Administrator

But... the 6600GT is a mid to high end graphics card. On the correct setup, it has no problems with any of todays games.

Maybe you have the framerate limiter on. Look in the preferences in Counter Strike for it, I dont know where it is.

But... the 6600GT is a mid to high end graphics card. On the correct setup, it has no problems with any of todays games.

is he using pci or agp slot? and if agp is his motherboard good for the higher agp x? 2x, 4x, 8x etc

then theres epci which is 16x i believe

anyway, just a thought that this might be a problem too? oh btw is his couterstrike orginal or rip? that could be a reason too

• Administrator

I would assume (judging by the system specs) hes running an AGP version (opposed to PCI-E). It could be a problem, however, his old graphics card pulled it off.

Did you uninstall your old card BEFORE installing the new one? Use driver cleaner?

Just a little suggestion....

Today i installed the LeadTek drivers for my 6800LE, (although based on the older 77.50 Nvidia drivers), opposed to the standard nvidia drivers i orignally installed (only had my card since wednesday btw), since then games seem to be running slightly better. Not benchmarked yet. Why not try the XFX ones (if you arent using them already).

SacredCultivator

Yes I am running AGP 8X

Yes I did uninstall my old Drivers... Used several programs to make all traces of it to be gone, Your Uninstaller 2005/ RegSeeker/ JV16 PowerTools

XFX Drivers? I mean my Video Card is made by them but I didn't know if they had their own drivers or whatever...

But I got it fixed.. Had to do with my Vsync setting had to turn it off... Things are fine.. But yeah I still interested in like havign the settigns Optimized.. but not much of Overclocking since with the Stock fan it came with it can't handle much =/

Bah...But yeah... Got ti fixed... Thanks for the info though.

Yes I am running AGP 8X

Yes I did uninstall my old Drivers... Used several programs to make all traces of it to be gone, Your Uninstaller 2005/ RegSeeker/ JV16 PowerTools

XFX Drivers? I mean my Video Card is made by them but I didn't know if they had their own drivers or whatever...

But I got it fixed.. Had to do with my Vsync setting had to turn it off... Things are fine.. But yeah I still interested in like havign the settigns Optimized.. but not much of Overclocking since with the Stock fan it came with it can't handle much =/

Bah...But yeah... Got ti fixed... Thanks for the info though.

just off hand, does your mother board support 8x? i believe they could fit in the older mother boards with 2x 4x . you just dont get the full power.

SacredCultivator

I am pretty sure it does.. It is outdate but it is a EpoX-8RDA+ (Not PRO)

Archived