Registry cleaners, what's your experience?

tiny

So i've been trying out different registry cleaners and by doing so i got kind of confused...

They all seem to take care of different things. What one misses the other detects. Currently i have Regvac, CCleaner, Tune-Up 2012 and they all detect different things.

Feels like that many reg-cleaners is a bit much.

So my question is: What are your experiences with all the cleaners out there, good/bad, which do you prefer?

• Replies 20
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prefered experience : Every registry cleaners that i try is full of s**t. Doesn't give any improvement to my pc, but does damage to my pc thou. I just use Ccleaner to clean all my unnecessary things. Pretty good indeed :rolleyes:. Well, that my experience.

the safest i ever use without any problem are auslogics boosts speed and WinASO

others than that cause too much problem for me :)

the last time i tried ASC 5 deepclean it's deleted my yahoo messenger registry :lol:

registry mechaninc = bloatedware

• Administrator

CCleaner wipes off from the top. Which is most safe out there.

However, I'll recommend Glary Utilities' (frontpaged) reg cleaner. It does in-depth scan and is safe too. Another one doing in-depth scan and being safe is jv16.

However, except CCleaner, whichever reg cleaner you use, just make sure you are selecting what is right and not going for the kill by selecting/removing everything it finds.

There are thousands of keys in registry. Removing a hundred useless ones will make difference or not is for you to decide. I'll also recommend defragging the registry.

Depends on what you are you hoping to achieve by using a registry cleaner ? You wont suddenly get a blazing fast computer, cleaning out the junk and defragging will give better performance .Ive tried a couple in the past ,CCleaner is deffo the safest as never heard of a problem from any one using it,but i never noticed any noticeable difference after using any of them.

i never noticed any noticeable difference after using any of them.

I can't do anything but agree on that. Interesting to hear what you people think, that's what i was looking for.Thanks

i use CCleaner with CCEnhancer + jv16 ( once after about 3 or 5 months ).

thats it .

result:-

system performance improvement -- > equivocal . cant say if it does result in any difference .

fixing errors -- > yes it does .

flip side -- > can cause errors too , if done in overdrive mode or if its a bad cleaner ( like the Comodo system cleaner )

you might want to take a look at this thread / poll in the forum -

System Optimization Tool preferred >

i'm using Wise Registry Cleaner.. been using it for a couple of months, and i does help in cleaning up alot of junk and after defragging it, makes for a lean registry..

wiserf_L.png

never experienced anything bad from it, in all WinXP, Win7 32-bit and Win7 64-bit computers I handle..

I just use regedit after tricky uninstalls or malware.....I don't believe for one minute that these so called reg cleaners serve any purpose.

I'll also recommend defragging the registry.

What registry defragging tool do you recommend? I've tried a bunch (System Mechanic, Advanced System Care, Advanced System Optimizer,etc.) and all of the make 'NTUSER.DAT' file visible on my account folder, and I hate it.

• Administrator

I'll also recommend defragging the registry.

What registry defragging tool do you recommend? I've tried a bunch (System Mechanic, Advanced System Care, Advanced System Optimizer,etc.) and all of the make 'NTUSER.DAT' file visible on my account folder, and I hate it.

Last time I tried one was WinASO RegDefrag.

TuneUp Utilities 2012

;)

• Administrator

Is it any good?

I can't put in on scale cause there's no proper way to determine whether it's good or not. But it was recommended by HX1 and I've used it a couple of times and it seemed fine.

I have a short memory hence I can't remember the names of all the ones I've tried, but another one I seem to have remembered is Auslogics one, it has a freeware registry defrag thing.

I can't put in on scale cause there's no proper way to determine whether it's good or not. But it was recommended by HX1 and I've used it a couple of times and it seemed fine.

I have a short memory hence I can't remember the names of all the ones I've tried, but another one I seem to have remembered is Auslogics one, it has a freeware registry defrag thing.

It's alright :) Thanks for your suggestion :) I'll try it out :)

Archived