Samsung Galaxy S2 Custom ROMs

Olexijl

*** Installing Samsung Galaxy S2 CheckROM ***

logo.png

The following instructions are for your Galaxy S2 only! Warning, if you do that you will loose your warranty!

Requirements:

Odin3 v1.85: here

[2.3.6][XWLA4] original stock ROM: here

Siyah 2.5.2 Kernel (Siyah-v2.5.2.tar): here

Counterreset Patch (password: sgs2patch): here

[XWLA4][2.3.6]CheckROM RevoHD™ V6: here

Preparations:

I expect that your phone has never been rooted or modified in any case.

It should be clear for you that it is better to make a factory data reset (Privacy/Factory data reset/Format usb storage) to be able to update without problems. Your required apps can be loaded from Market after the process.

Please make sure, your all important data is on your external MicroSD-Card. Make the

factory data reset BEFORE you start with all the stuff.

Installation Instructions:

• Please download Odin, the stock XWLA4 ROM (DBTKH1 - Germany), and the CheckROM RevoHD v6

• Unzip the I9100XWLA4_I9100DBTKH1_DBT.zip you downloaded, you will get I9100XWLA4_I9100XXKI4_I9100DBTKH1_HOME.tar.md5 file

• Shutdown your Galaxy S2

• Go to "Download mode" by pressing HOME + VOL DOWN + POWER button at the same time. After getting warning message please press VOL UP button

• Launch Odin with admin rights

• Go to "PDA" and choose I9100XWLA4_I9100XXKI4_I9100DBTKH1_HOME.tar.md5 file

odin14OVLR.jpg

• please connect your phone now via USB

• now press Start and wait. After successful reboot of your phone disconnect the phone from your PC

Your phone has been successfully updated to XWLA4 stock ROM! :D

Now we need to flash the Siyah 2.5.2 Kernel (coz it is universal and for my experience very recommended) to root the phone.

• Go to "Download mode" by pressing HOME + VOL DOWN + POWER button at the same time. After getting warning message please press VOL UP button

• Launch Odin with admin rights

• Go to "PDA" and choose your Siyah-v2.5.2.tar file

It should look like this (old screenshot).

odinsiyahkernel1YB7K.jpg

• please connect your phone now via USB

• now press Start and wait. After successful reboot of your phone disconnect the phone from your PC

Your phone has been successfully rooted! ^_^

Now we need to flash the CheckROM correctly

• Please boot up the phone for the first time. If you made a factory data reset i mentioned above, you won't have errors, please set your language and Google account settings.

Please make a Nandroid backup:

• Go to "Recovery mode" by pressing HOME + VOL UP + POWER button at the same time

The "
Recovery mode
"
is
commandline interface

Usage: Go with
VOL UP and VOL DOWN
between entries. Press
HOME
to confirm something.

• Go with VOL DOWN to "backup and restore", than press HOME. Now choose "backup", than confirm with HOME, and after it completed reboot the phone

• please connect your phone now via USB and copy XWLA4_CheckromRevo_HD_V6.zip to your external MicroSD-Card

• Go to "Recovery mode" once again by pressing HOME + VOL UP + POWER button at the same time

• Go with VOL DOWN to "install zip from sdcard", than press HOME. Now choose "choose zip from sdcard", than confirm with HOME. Now choose your XWLA4_CheckromRevo_HD_V6.zip, than confirm with HOME, and finally confirm installing.

• After some waiting your phone should reboot. Nearly all Samsung stuff has been removed, the new Kitchen 2.x has been added and Jkay Deluxe app has been added as well.

Enjoy rooted and flashed phone! You just upgraded to CheckROM RevoHD v6 B)

You ask me, why when your phone boot up you have the yellow exclamation mark! It is fine. You are using custom kernel (not signed by Samsung), so this is just because of this.

• Replies 9
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can get rid of the Yellow warning triangle by using a 'USB Jig'. Mine cost less than £2.00 on ebay, & works perfectly.

Removes the warning triangle, resets your 'custom rom' counter, & fools your S2 into thinking you're using an official Samsung Rom B)

you can get rid of the Yellow warning triangle by using a 'USB Jig'. Mine cost less than £2.00 on ebay, & works perfectly.

Removes the warning triangle, resets your 'custom rom' counter, & fools your S2 into thinking you're using an official Samsung Rom B)

Do you think i don't know this?

Here the tutorial:

Com on people, you have some experience! Please tell the newbies how to update to the other ROMs.

And tell your experience with CheckROM, UltraToxic, WanamLite...

Overview of the best ROMs for XWLA4:

UltraToxic ROM 8.1 - The unofficial Lite'ning ROM successor: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1334124

CheckROM RevoHD™ V6 | Kitchen Pro v2.3 a Masterpiece again!: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1312240

XWLA4 WanamLite V8.5 - 14 Toggles buttons & Fast & Stable: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1240385

@bytebunny, I'll check it out, thanks.

PS: you do know that you only need to share-code "questionable" links, right? ;)

Edit: on a second thought, I'll pass. I just remembered why I decided to stick with CM a while ago, it's the only ROM I found that offered right-to-left (Arabic) support out of the box, so I guess I'll continue waiting.

@bytebunny, I'll check it out, thanks.

PS: you do know that you only need to share-code "questionable" links, right? ;)

Edit: on a second thought, I'll pass. I just remembered why I decided to stick with CM a while ago, it's the only ROM I found that offered right-to-left (Arabic) support out of the box, so I guess I'll continue waiting.

Arabic support? Try WanamLite as well. However CR is the best.

Archived