Google's New Privacy Policy... Cool or Evil?

fr0zeen

Google's New Privacy Policy... Cool or Evil?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think ?

• Cool
    • Evil

So, approximately after two weeks, Google is going to start it's new policy, so tell me guys, what do you think ?

for me, it's Evil all the way.

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I haven't personally looked into their privacy policy (in-depth) but first, it's hyped too much, second, Google is not always there to ruin everyone's privacy, though it does do that quite regularly, third, it's going to cause privacy issues even when Google thinks that it's going to improve the experience.

So yea, I won't slam it by calling it rightaway evil, but rather quite bad.

for those who still wonder what we're talking about check this:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy

@DKT27, well that's your opinion bro, but some information need to be kept personal, there's no need for that amount of procedures, i mean, they say,, this is just to understand our customers better, but we didn't ask for that !, no one asks them to do so,, this is a one side opinion.

I will read it later for sure. "Privacy Policy" ? Why dont they (not just g00gle) call it what it is. "Invasion of Privacy" Policy.

@ Frozeen it seems to me someone is a little scared about other people finding out their search history!!! What have you been up to young man!

I agree with DKT it is hyped I don't agree with it what so ever I hate the fact that everything on the android market is linked to 1 gmail acct tablet,cell phone everything but what can we do about it, if you really dont want to be caught or whatever just use IE or proxy server.

@ Zap316, no,not at all man, i am not afraid of no one finding out my search history.. it's not about my personal goals, it's about how the internet isn't as it was before, first Facebook,now Google,, i mean every single action of yours is being watched! i don't want that even if i don't have sth to hide <_<

It's hardly a surprise that companies like Google and Facebook are not respecting users' privacy as they deserve, despite what they say. But at least Google is trying to be clear ...

I don't agree that it is cool but don't think its evil either. I just think that google is bending to pressure from outside sources. The internet is changing and so far at least there is sites like here to keep up with them and watch. At least google is attempting to keep users informed to their doings.

talk about privacy in todays Internet ....

nothing can be more Hypocritical than this statement ...! -_-

call it invasion , selling , snooping , spying , stalking of privacy , or what ever you may ,

Privacy and Internet are in total absolute contrast to each other !

Google calls it simplifying the Internet for users by unifying and merging together its services and all the user data of one particular user across all its platforms and services .

Simplifying , , , , OK , thats good and does makes sense . Quite easy for the day to day Jack or Lisa .

The Flip Side >>>> Imagine the shit Load of info Google will have about you ..!!!! <_<

Right from all your social contacts , to number of devices connected to the internet you have , all the places you accessed the internet from etc , etc ,

and not to forgot the type , amount and content of data accessed from all the services .

All the messages , mails , updates , , , , , EVERYTHING .!!

Here's a Fine example of how private your internet communications can be ---

British pair deported from US for 'destroy America' tweet .

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/30/tweet_deportation/

Speaks for itself ...

So it all comes down to the fact the how much a company knows about a single user from all over the globe ,

and sell that info for greater profits to other Highest Bidding bigger corporations for Advertising , Profiling , Statistics and all .

What ever they intend to do with all the user data .

Facebook has been listed on the stock exchange and recorded annual profits to the tune of 1 Billion US Dollars .

Imagine that coming from a company which has no physical existence .

A virtual world creating Real Currency . and some big serious bucks .!!

So how can Google not profit from it . ? !

You can't sit idle and do nothing if you know the person next door is selling better burgers than you and giving you a run for your money , although he is new in town and has less resources ..!!!

Google had to do something .

These companies donot give a single f@ck as to what a user privacy is .

They will harvest it from you , sell it , and have a merry party .

Giving you false consolations that how seriously they take a user's privacy .

Nothing more than a lolly pop for you to suck in the meantime they sell and use all your data ..!

there is no way evading it .

a vicious evil ....

Seems to me that the only way to maintain privacy on the internet is to cease to use it.

Archived