Head/Ear phones Volume Level

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear Readers,

I never really used Head/Ear phones on the PC/Laptop and when I finally did I found out that the Volume Levels are REALLY different...

The earphones are THAT much hihg in volume in comparison to just hte speakers.

And for Desktop, adjusting the Speaker Knob does nothing... And when I check the Sound settings I basically have to set the volume to near mute and the sound is still pretty high.

I have tried this with Sony's Noise Cancelling headphones[mdr-nc6] and the ones I just bought (iPod earphones died on me), Philips Virtual surround sound [sHE5920]

So I was wondering if anyone knows how to rectify this problem... It isn't anything Major but would be nice to know.

Thanks in advance.

Any further info that is needed do ask.

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The earphones are THAT much high in volume in comparison to just hte speakers.

And for Desktop, adjusting the Speaker Knob does nothing... And when I check the Sound settings I basically have to set the volume to near mute and the sound is still pretty high.

if u r connecting the earphone to the headphone port on ur unit/systemboard then "adjusting the Speaker Knob" will just affect the speaker.

The volume set on ur unit.. (software.. volume control/wave) would be quite high.

Adjust those setting in Volume Control (system tray.. speaker icon) with the earphones.. first to ur liking.

Then change the speaker volume using "Speaker Knob"

SacredCultivator

Hmm well I have it plugged into the Speakers earphone jack, as the one on my PC is too far and my coord is too short to connect behind there, and the FRONT jack isn't plugged int to work.

So I guess got to do as you mentioned manually set the volume level for the earphone and when not using to just deal with it as I already have it set to my Speakers in regards to when I hit hte Volume button on my Keyboard it is at optimum level (As I generally have it 'low' due to Mom being asleep)

• Administrator

There is always going to be difference in volume level between different output devices, its something that cannot be avoided.

You'll just have to adjust the volume whenever you switch over :(

SacredCultivator

@Lite: Thanks fort he responce, I see.. Well I am just happy I don't often use headphoens for my PC just for iPod and maybe Laptop.

Archived