82 members have voted

1. 1. How many add-ons do you use?

• 1-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50+

Edit: Updated Ghostery to 2.7.1. Wonder why it hasn't been auto-updating.

I wonder about your Adblock Plus, too. It's ancient. :)

Ummmm. No it's not. The latest is 2.0.3, which it what is listed on my picture.

• Replies 42
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my add-on list:

Application: Firefox 10.0.1 (20120208060813)

Operating System: WINNT (x86-msvc)

Total number of items: 53

Have you tried this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/preferences-cleaner/?src=search

It's basically the same thing as eCleaner, except this automatically clears preferences when something is uninstalled.

Have you tried this: https://addons.mozil...ner/?src=search

It's basically the same thing as eCleaner, except this automatically clears preferences when something is uninstalled.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. :)
I'm not sure if the deletion of the preferences works or not. When I had it selected and uninstalled an add-on, I think it showed that the settings were still there. Am I looking at this wrong or does this feature not work properly?

post-29397-0-76326600-1329592081_thumb.j

Edit: Updated Ghostery to 2.7.1. Wonder why it hasn't been auto-updating.

I wonder about your Adblock Plus, too. It's ancient. :)

Ummmm. No it's not. The latest is 2.0.3, which it what is listed on my picture.

Adblock 2.0.4 is Beta so latest is still 2.0.3

Oh yeah, sorry for the oversight. Just forgot I'm on the beta channel 2.04.a.3413

Mine are: adblock plus and noscript with customised filters, downloadhelper, febe, flashgot, advertising cookie opt-out (so google won't forget my custom settings) and java console.

But how about plugins? Did you check what you have there? MS is quite an intruder there. I keep only java, flash, silverlight, vlc web and wmp plugin. The other 7 are disabled: acrobat reader, ms drm, ms office and yahoo app from messenger.

SacredCultivator
^THat's not really going to happen because a lot of sites (including this one) depend on their ads for revenue/keep the site going. So I doubt that Mozilla would ever incorporate it as a standard for that primary reason.

• Administrator

^THat's not really going to happen because a lot of sites (including this one) depend on their ads for revenue/keep the site going. So I doubt that Mozilla would ever incorporate it as a standard for that primary reason.

Indeed. Blocking ads kills revenue to majority of sites. Implementing it build-in will make it's usage (even) more.

some sites (not many) like nsane are allowed in my browser to show ads. but I will never ever allow agrressive, hidden or tricky ads.

• 2 weeks later...
visualbuffs

adblock plus

wot

flag

do not track plus

thats my add ons!

Archived