So.... Firefox? Or Waterfox? That is the question.....

YMatrix

I just switched to try Waterfox.

The first impression is that it is indeed faster than firefox.

I love FF, but I find myself many times changing to Chrome, usually when playing flash videos because it sometime stutters in FF...

But, like I said this is only a first impression....

Has any one done some benchmarking with waterfox? What would you suggest for all 64 bit users around there, FF or WF?

Any info would be great...

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look , i try them both include palemoon (32+64) , it doesnt mean it will run faster .

recently i BACK using only FF10 coz its speed and waterfox / palemoon (64bit) were the same, sometime FF10 wins some time palemoon wins.

test tool

http://browsermark.rightware.com/browsermark/index.action

there are some other test tools , but all doesnt show any GREAT improved in speed comparing WF>FF10

if u ask me , screw them both , use CHROME and u will see what is speed improvement

cheers :D

The link you provided was for mobile browsers so I got something like 200,000 :P

I did try

http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/run.action

And amazingly the difference between FF (909) and WF (912) was only 3!

Although like I said in response for regular usage (opening multiple tabs, flash content etc.) I do feel a difference in favor of WF.

If you really want speed don't even use chrome, use Opera or Maxthon

maxton is iexplore base engine so wtf? :o

If you really want speed don't even use chrome, use Opera or Maxthon

maxton is iexplore base engine so wtf? :o

And Webkit engine B)

tucker same numbers (almost) here also , i dont see why ppl still using FF , since he is very SLOW even in simple tasks like playing a you tube clip .

True, I ran the test in Chrome and also got 1500 score.

But the reason most people like FF more than chrome is because of the customizations.

Chrome is still behind that area...

True, I ran the test in Chrome and also got 1500 score.

But the reason most people like FF more than chrome is because of the customizations.

Chrome is still behind that area...

I agree. The only time I use chrome is when I want to do a quick surf on the net. Opens/Loads pages like lightning. :thumbsup:

SacredCultivator

Extensions, you can't beat Firefox's Adblock. The same extension on Chrome blows.

And I have a few other crucial Extensions that Chrome doesn't have.

As for "speed" I honestly don't quite care if Chrome is "best" because as long as Firefox does what I want, I don't care at all for speed, and more or less FF slowly gets better and better.

Only time I use Chrome => Portable on my flashdrive for work.

and more or less FF slowly gets better and better.

agree only to that , check new ADP developer build 767 and u will see all Adblock list now working 100% in chrome since its using only webRequest API for blocking.

c

Wow, I gotta say, I might have underestimated Chrome's abilities.

I just spent an hour finding Chrome based extensions for all my FF extensions and GM scripts (IE Tab, ADB, Ghoestry, Gmail, etc.) and I actually found for almost all of them a replacement.

I guess I with a little more digging I will be able to customize my chrome just like I had my FF.

And the best thing is that Chrome has always been faster and less of a memory eater.

Too sad I can't move the tab bar to the bottom (Chrome minus), but that is something I am willing to accept as a change...

Funny how this post started me between 2 FF editions and now I am writing about Chrome.

I guess since the first time I stumbled across Chrome and now, Chrome has gone through a lot of changes....

Archived