K-Lite Codec or Community Combined Codec Pack?

Archaven

Hi all. As the subject states, which audio/video codec package you use? I'm using Community Combined Codec Pack myself. I was being introduced last time by my friend as i was not able to playback some video files. So please share with all of us here which code you use, which do you prefer and why :).

Thus far, CCCP seems to be working perfectly fine for me. I've tried K-Lite a couple of years ago, and it seems i have some bad experiences. It couldn't play some of the video files i had at that time.

Also, i'm using Real Alternative for .rmvb files (very popular among chinese community).

Hope to hear from you all soon!

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like CCCP becaused it bluescreend mym comp directly when I installed it. But K-Lite is wonderful and I never have any problems with it, if you want to be able to play every video file then get K-Lite Mega then you got 'em all.

I use K-Lite Standard, Real Alternative, Quicktime Alternative and CoreAVC (which was previously included in K-Lite)

My personal preference is to stay away from all codecs due to harsh lessons learnt in the past. For those whom it works my heartiest congratulations.

My personal preference is to stay away from all codecs due to harsh lessons learnt in the past. For those whom it works my heartiest congratulations.

What do you mean?... well at least about more than half of us might use K Lite Mega... I use K Light mega but sometimes the volume on some movies is to low... ;) other than that it works FINE :)

What do you mean?... well at least about more than half of us might use K Lite Mega... I use K Light mega but sometimes the volume on some movies is to low... ;) other than that it works FINE :)

I'm sure it works FINE for you (congratulations once again.) I wasn't commenting about you or anybone else (check the embolded words in my post) - it's about my 'personal preference.' Please do understand what works for you may not necessarily work for others.

Hi,All !

I use " Ace Mega Codec Pack last version 6.03.911" sense longtime ago and none problems found.

Also use " Real Player 11.0.1.6.0.14.794" and "The KMPlayer 2.9.3.1428 (Final)" , this one comes with all codecs.

Both players are good enough for me...

cheers

Jofre

KMPlayer + real alternative + quicktime alternative + CoreAVC ( optional - if you watching HD ). And you dont have mess and trash in system from some codek trash :)

CCCP is mostly for anime, if you just use ur pc to watch anime, than CCCP is the way to go, if not then I guess it's K-Lite

I dont like these Codec Packs @ all. I only install the specific codecs (using standalone installers) when i need 'em

hi. thanks alot everyone for the replies :D. i didn't know CCCP is mostly for anime? i don't watch anime at all. one thing i noticed though when using CCCP, is that the quality of the decoding wasn't that good. seems like alot favored K-Lite Codec though. Maybe i'll try K-Lite instead of CCCP then. thanks again all for the suggestions.

inoesomestuff

CCCP all the way, ive never had any problems with it other than low volume and theres a workaround on their website. CCCP was designed for quality, i dont know why you would have a lower quality when you play it compared to k-lite, k-lite is designed to work so just sticks in a buncha codec packs. my experience was k-lite was that i thought it was good... until i tried uninstalling it. good luck cleaning up your registry after a that. (note: i installed k-lite maybe 2-3 yrs ago so they might have made some changes since)

K Lite Mega for me.

The only issue is updating it! :wacko: Uninstall it and after install new version, I don't like this.....

:P

tonimontana

I use CCCP with BS Player Pro and so far my experience with it has been excellent. It's not just for anim as it can play any video. CCCP is just perfect!

tonimontana

In my opinion, yes it does filter better than k-lite. Also it's the lighest codec pack around.

CCCP all the way, ive never had any problems with it other than low volume and theres a workaround on their website. CCCP was designed for quality, i dont know why you would have a lower quality when you play it compared to k-lite, k-lite is designed to work so just sticks in a buncha codec packs. my experience was k-lite was that i thought it was good... until i tried uninstalling it. good luck cleaning up your registry after a that. (note: i installed k-lite maybe 2-3 yrs ago so they might have made some changes since)

So what all did you have to do to clean out your registry of the K-lite codec pack? <_<

Archived