Looking for IP Blocker

Sub0Freeze

Sub0Freeze

Hello, I am looking for a program that I can easily use to block my IP while I surf the Internet. Nothing fancy, just need something that works. Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, I am looking for a program that I can easily use to block my IP while I surf the Internet. Nothing fancy, just need something that works. Thanks.

Just remember if you use anything like HIDE-IP - you might hide your ip through it, but who ever is running the program can see what your doing if they really wanted to :ph34r:

look @ HideMyAss

others

PeerGuardian 2 With I-BlockLists

Just remember if you use anything like HIDE-IP - you might hide your ip through it, but who ever is running the program can see what your doing if they really wanted to :ph34r:

look @ HideMyAss

others

PeerGuardian 2 With I-BlockLists

i use peer guardian 2 also

Protowall with Blocklist Manager. Bluetack baby!!!

Anywho... most of the blocklists out there are from the same sources... Pick your app and go...

Sub0Freeze

Thank you very much for all the replies. I actually didn't expect so many.

I already use PeerGuardian2 and have been using it for years, so I'll stick with it. However, how exactly do I go about blocking my IP when I surf the Internet and not only when I am downloading using BT or P2P programs? I went to the I-BlockList site but am confused about what to do and which list to use. Thanks.

For what you want a proxy would be best, consider it, but do note that it will take more time for your internet pages to load. Try searching for a good free proxy that is near your location, this will have the least negative impact on your speed.

Here's a list of free proxies: http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

Don't ask me how to configure one ;) I wouldn't know, i could try to help you, but not at the moment since our ISP is having some problems... Fools...

Edit: Couldn't leave it alone... If you're using Firefox go to Extra, Options, Advanced, Settings and Manual Proxy Configuration. Now you'll need the proxy settings from your proxy of choice and enter them there, or when you're behind a router you can use that to configure it for using a proxy. I, and probably no one but yourself, will be able to help you with that. Because every router is different and has different names for the same damn settings :P I spent a lot of time on configuring mine right. (Note: Don't do both(And Firefox proxy and Router proxy) (Note: I don't know if it is necessary to configure your router for using a proxy, you can first try configuring Firefox if you're behind a router and then check with an online IP checker if your IP shows, if yours doesn't show then you're finished. If it does not, then something went wrong and you can either try using another proxy, high anonymity, or try to configure your router to use one.) Now i'm done. :)

Another edit: Archaven i see the program you suggested is using a proxy too, wonder how it works... Btw: Here's a download link for the latest(i guess) version: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Compl...ng/1068835480/1

Archived