Best Anti-Spyware Scanner And Remover?

YMatrix

Hello!

To start with, I must say that I am against installing any real-time antispyware software.

In my opinion a good AV (in my case ESET), using some great anti-tracking and ads plugins and software (ad-muncher, ghoestry, aad-block+ etc.), and of course the best - some common sense! should get you in the clear from all spyware.

But, it's not 100% proof.

I occasionally use SuperAntiSpyware just for scanning my system to see I am off the hook, and usually except for some tracking cookies, nothing serious is found, but is this a good choice of software?

When helping friends and family cleaning their computer, usually there is always what to clean. The reason is that because most of them use IE :thumbsdown: , and they lack the minimum knowledge on what to press, somehow get their computer bloated with spyware, malware and other great apps they dodn't remember installing (duhhhh).

So is SuperAntiSpyware the best tool for cleaning computers? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To begin with, there's really no need for Anti-Spyware, if you have an AV or IS, it'll take care of it. However, if you wish to have an additional on-demand scanner, I'd recommend Malwarebytes or Hitman. I've never used SuperAntiSpyware, so I cannot speak on how it performs, but from what I've read online, it's also a good scanner, but I'd recommend Malwarebytes or Hitman.

To begin with, there's really no need for Anti-Spyware, if you have an AV or IS, it'll take care of it. However, if you wish to have an additional on-demand scanner, I'd recommend Malwarebytes or Hitman. I've never used SuperAntiSpyware, so I cannot speak on how it performs, but from what I've read online, it's also a good scanner, but I'd recommend Malwarebytes or Hitman.

I disagree. I've had Malwarebytes' find some things that ESET has missed. They were little things that didn't do much, but they were still on the system.

Just clarify, I meant there is no need for a real time protection anti-spyware software installed.

Like I said I myself, do an occasional scan using SAP.

Have them all in you arsenal in case you need them. What some miss others can find. I agree Malwarebytes is probably best. I use that first, then Norton Power Eraser, Hitman Pro, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, SuperAntiSpyware etc etc.

It used to be that there were viruses, Malware, Spyware, Adware and each used to have its own tools. Or so we were told. But nowdays I think everything is classed as Malware.

Eset will have most covered but will always miss something, as they all do. So do scans with MBam etc every now and again.

I disagree. I've had Malwarebytes' find some things that ESET has missed. They were little things that didn't do much, but they were still on the system.

Yes, it will miss, and so will every other AV available. The solution to this is not to install multiple security tools on your computer, rather be careful of what you do. And I recommended Malwarebytes to be used in conjunction with ESET for best protection. But it's nice to have some contingency plans, just in case you get infected by a malware. For me, I've got Kaspersky Boot Disc.

Yes, it will miss, and so will every other AV available. The solution to this is not to install multiple security tools on your computer, rather be careful of what you do. And I recommended Malwarebytes to be used in conjunction with ESET for best protection. But it's nice to have some contingency plans, just in case you get infected by a malware. For me, I've got Kaspersky Boot Disc.

That's what I am using. I usually turn off Malwarebytes' protection so it just updates. That way if I do need to run a scan, it's always up-to-date.

SuperAntispyware is good, but I think that Malwarebytes or Emsisoft Emergency Kit are better. I agree with you that a skilled user, probably doesn´t need an active antimalware but for less experienced ones a second line of defence always is a good thing.

My anti-malware portable kit :

38b9bf187b33c31125f69b2254824dfe.jpg

Scan every month and you should be fine,

real time anti-spyware software will eat PC resources and might slow down your machine just like AV/IS software !

As for anti-tracking software you should be fine with AdBlockPlus with fanboys malware and tracking list ! LINK

Archived