BTJunkie shuts down

jalaffa

On 5 February 2012, BTJunkie decided to voluntarily shut down and left a notice on its front web page that reads "This is the end of the line my friends. The decision does not come easy, but we've decided to voluntarily shut down. We've been fighting for years for your right to communicate, but it's time to move on. It's been an experience of a lifetime, we wish you all the best!"

BTJunkie was an advanced BitTorrent search engine operating between 2005 and 2012. It used a web crawler (similar to Google) to search for torrent files from other torrent sites and store it in its database. It had nearly 4,000,000 active torrents and about 4,200 torrents added daily (compared to runner-up Torrent Portal with 1,500), making it the largest torrent site indexer on the web. During 2011, BTJunkie was the 5th most popular BitTorrent site. On 5 February 2012, BTJunkie voluntarily shut down its services.

iBRH4.png

view.gif Source: Wikipedia

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nemesis --

The trend is indeed disturbing. Unfortunately, it's no longer just about stopping the filesharing; it's about destroying your life for having engaged in filesharing. People are scared. It will take a good deal of fighting back, but people seem uncertain as to how to go about it or even where to begin. I think we are headed for a lengthy 'dark' period until the masses get their heads out of the sand. How treacherous a time are we in when the web populace gets the U.S. Congress to put the breaks on bad law, only to have the F.B.I. turn around and do exactly what the bad law would have allowed anyway? And don't even get me started on ACTA. Freedom is going down the tubes.

They gave up just as the true battle has begun...this method never works. Even though torrent sites and other file sharing websites are at risk of being shut down and the owners being sent to jail, they shouldn't give up just that easy. It won't be too long before this starts REALLY getting to the people and the people will begin fighting back.

The world is waking up on a greater scale. Corruption is being exposed on a world wide scale. The world power structure is losing it's power and they are striking back...the last desperate strikes to take full control while they still can. This last year of their control will be quite explosive. We could beat them if we don't give up. Resistance is growing.

goodbye BTjunkie.this is alarming for those who are using public sites..hope it would not affect private sites as well.buit i doubt it would be the case..we remain to be vigilant lol

• Administrator

BitTorrent Giant BTjunkie Shuts Down For Good

BTjunkie, one of the largest BitTorrent indexes on the Internet, has decided to shut down voluntarily today. A combination of legal actions against fellow file-sharing sites and time-consuming projects have led to the drastic decision that takes out one the main players in the BitTorrent landscape.

0KSC4.jpg

Founded in June 2005, BTjunkie has been among the top BitTorrent sites for more than half a decade.

The site was never involved in any legal action, and to keep it this way the site’s operators decided to shut the site down for good today. The following message was posted on the BTjunkie homepage a few minutes ago:

“This is the end of the line my friends. The decision does not come easy, but we’ve decided to voluntarily shut down. We’ve been fighting for years for your right to communicate, but it’s time to move on. It’s been an experience of a lifetime, we wish you all the best!”

Talking to TorrentFreak, BTjunkie’s founder said that the legal actions against other file-sharing sites such as MegaUpload and The Pirate Bay played an important role in making the difficult decision. Witnessing all the trouble colleagues got into was cause for a lot of worry and stress, and those will now belong to the past.

That said, BTjunkie’s owner still thinks there might be a future for other BitTorrent sites.

“I really do hope so, the war is far from over for sure,” he told TorrentFreak.

While BTjunkie was never targeted directly by copyright holders, the site was reported to the US Trade Representative (USTR) November last year. Both the RIAA and MPAA listed the torrent index as a ‘rogue’ site that facilitated mass copyright infringement.

BTjunkie is also one of the search terms censored by Google because it’s piracy related, alongside The Pirate Bay, RapidShare, uTorrent and others.

As a result of the decision to shut down BTjunkie, one of the top 5 torrent sites with dozens of millions of users a month is no more. Judging from previous shutdowns like that of TorrentSpy and Mininova, users will quickly find a new home at other sites.

Nonetheless, it’s the end of an era.

RIP BTjunkie

gO82d.jpg

:view: View: Original Article

Atul Navadiya

Year 2012 is fu*&ked up!!!

I guess the destruction has started, If this keeps going on...

The world ends 2012...(Atleast for internet Users)

Archived