Making a new XP bootable CD

Hitman6267

Hitman6267

I'm making a new Windows XP SP3 bootable CD. I just need advice and help on what to add to it (drivers and such). I'm using the latest version of nLite.

The installation I got from this thread - thank you Marik

CPU: Intel Pentium D

Motherboard: Intel D945GNT

VGA: ATI Radeon X1600 PCI PRO 512 MB

Sound Card: Creative Blaster Audigy

Storage: Seagate hard disk Model ST3200820AS

Any one can tell me what drivers do I need to integrate into the installation ?

If any one has the full installation of the latest windows live messenger please post it. I can only find the 2.28MB file that you download that when installs downloads the needed files from the internet. Also a link to the latest Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player. I'm looking but so far I only found microsoft pages that directly download and install them. No installation file to save and integrate.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IE 7 and WMP 11 are included in SP3 ?

nope. you have to either download through updates, or add them to ur modded disc :dance2:

IE7 & WMP11 is pure crap, so i wouldn't bother with 'em

They might be crap.. but some people use them :dance2: and ur post was uncalled for.

The guy asked for help not flames :dance2:

Hitman6267
Marik's version wont need this.

What did you mean by that ?

Edit: you meant Windows XP Service Pack 1a Network Installation ? and the windows live messenger link is for the same insaller that I have. It need an internet connection to install the rest of the program.

Can any one help me with the drivers ? I can't figure it out. I have the motherboard, VGA and Sound cards cds but I don't know which ones to add to the installation. Also if links to the latest versions could be provided that it'l be great.

They might be crap.. but some people use them :dance2: and ur post was uncalled for.

I haven't flamed any1, i just said what i thought about those softs.

I haven't flamed any1, i just said what i thought about those softs.

Maybe he was talking about your avatar and signature? :P Nah, just kidding :P

Marik's version wont need this.

What did you mean by that ?

Edit: you meant Windows XP Service Pack 1a Network Installation ? and the windows live messenger link is for the same insaller that I have. It need an internet connection to install the rest of the program.

Can any one help me with the drivers ? I can't figure it out. I have the motherboard, VGA and Sound cards cds but I don't know which ones to add to the installation. Also if links to the latest versions could be provided that it'l be great.

Ignore the sp1 :dance2: see my first post. "#2"

Hitman6267

What is the proper way to format my C: drive ? I usualy use a disk that gets me the prompt when starting up the pc. Write format c: then procede with the installation of XP.

Edit: Is there anything I should delete from my D: drive ? (ie any system file or anything)

Edit #2: any one has any idea if the latest version of Sun Java is still having problems with Limewire ?

Archived