Software to transfer large files

Hitman6267

Hitman6267

Hello, can any one recommend any software that can be used to transfer files over the internet ? I want my friend to send me a 99mb file an thought best to use software in the process.

P.S: I dont want to upload it to any website.

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello, can any one recommend any software that can be used to transfer files over the internet ? I want my friend to send me a 99mb file an thought best to use software in the process.

I think a DC client would be best here (Direct Connect), correct me if i'm mistaken anyone. You can find some here: http://www.nsanedown.com/?page=p2p/misc

I think some people on the forums have experience with them, i don't so this is all i can do atm :)

Hitman6267

thank you Shought for your quick reply. I'm going to try ApexDC++ 1.0.1 and tell you guys what happened.

thank you Shought for your quick reply. I'm going to try ApexDC++ 1.0.1 and tell you guys what happened.

Any time :) I don't know how 'easy' it is to set clients like these up... Guess it shouldn't be very hard, but not easy either. Wish you luck!

Hitman6267

I'm going to try WWW File Share Pro. I don't have any idea how to use ApexDC++ but it looks it has some potentiel. From what I can see it can be used like p2p. Any one could give an like to a guide that would teach me about this ? I downloaded a guide off of their forums but it isn't as basic as I want it, it troubleshoots some commun problems. I want to know what the whole idea is.

Edit: Didn't manage to get WWW File Share Pro to work.

I'm going to try WWW File Share Pro. I don't have any idea how to use ApexDC++ but it looks it has some potentiel. From what I can see it can be used like p2p. Any one could give an like to a guide that would teach me about this ? I downloaded a guide off of their forums but it isn't as basic as I want it, it troubleshoots some commun problems. I want to know what the whole idea is.

Edit: Didn't manage to get WWW File Share Pro to work.

Hehe, you probably have a router/modem preventing it from working, just like i do :rolleyes: Searching for a new solution for your (and my) problem.

Hitman6267

Not exacly, from what I can see its similar though. You connect to a hub (you choose it) that has users -some hubs require a minimum of file shared for you to get access- and from there you can share the files users are sharing to download. So its in a way its similar to Limewire. Limewire connects you to the Gnutella network which is much larger than an individual hub but in DC you could always connect to different hubs giving you a variety of files and ultimately if you find enough hubs you'l find anything that you would have find using limewire.

Please note that I'm not sure about anything that i said. I'm jsut speculating

But a file hosting site like megaupload would work just as well, and your files can even be password protected (if you pay for a premium membership).

Hitman6267

Megaupoad and Rapidshare always say that my IP is already downloading. Thats why I don't want to upload to any website.

Megaupoad and Rapidshare always say that my IP is already downloading. Thats why I don't want to upload to any website.

Have you looked into MSN messenger?...as suggested above in my link...simple easy to use and FREE.

Hitman6267

I didn't want to use msn messenger because I have 128kb connection so the transfer will take long and if anything goes wrong during the transfer (I was going to leave the download on during the night) I'l have to restart it the next night seeing that there isnt a resume option. I managed to get the files I wanted. But I still am curious about how we can use ApexDC++ to transfer files.

Hitman6267

My transfer issue has been solved, and no an FTP wouldn't be better because the person I wanted the files from doesn't know how to use/configure one.

Thank you all for your help :dance2:

Archived