Howto modify xbox 360 slim?

LeetPirate

Hey, my buddy was thinking about buying an xbox 360 slim to modify it. I tried to talk him out of it but he is intent on wasting this money. He also wants to pay someone to mod the 360 but I think this is something I could probably do for him for free if I had a proper guide or tutorial. My basic knowledge on this is that I have to open the unit and install the disc drive on a pc then flash a different firmware. But the details is what I don't have. All the youtube videos I found were useless.

Anyone here has personal experience with this? Any good information would be helpful.

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better to mod the older ones, the white ones that wasnt updated on the board you can Jtag it. the black one you can mod it to run burn games. in anycase you will not be using Xbox live at all. (stupid if you do)

Problem is he can't determine which model he will get, once he places the order online they will just send the latest they have. Someone told me that the slim ones with the benq drives can actually work on xbox live but the ones with the liteon drives get banned. I have no idea if that is true, I don't have first hand information to confirm it.

All of the above statements are pretty inaccurate. There are just too many factors involved for me to even begin listing all of them, so I'll just direct you to the proper locations.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/

Be prepared to do a good amount of reading before beginning to ask questions. Most people don't like someone asking questions that have clearly been asked and answered many times over. :)

well , slim models are hard to flash but you can flash them anyway

it's not an easy procedure ,

first of it you have to know the DVD drive model , (almost all lite-on drives can be flashed , i have 0225 model , and it's flashed with LT+3.0 )

then you can decide whether you want to flash your drive (with CFW)

or just use ODDE out there , they prove to be good so far (for e.g xkey)

Thanks for all the information. I have been doing some reading on the sites/forums you guys suggested. Things look complicated, lol.

When Microsoft initial released the Xbox 360, the DVD drive utilized in it was a Hitachi drive. Back then, if you wanted to Mod your Xbox 360, it would as simple as inserting a CD into the drive and viola! If you wanted to know How To Mod Your Xbox 360 back in the days, you would know in under a minute.

I think you can find more info here http://howtomodxbox360.com/how-to-mod-xbox-360-safely-xbox-360-slim-softmods/

Archived