Highest Internet Speed - 60 DVDs per second

Bolt_Gundam510

Bolt_Gundam510

Scientists have set a new world record for data transmission by transferring a data rate of 2.56 Terabit per second over a glass fibre link of 160 km length.

2,560,000,000,000 bits are equivalent to the contents of 60 DVDs.

By comparison, the fastest high-speed links currently carry data at a maximum 40 Gbit/s, or around 50 times slower.

The research was carried out at Fraunhofer Institute which also developed computers with Emotion sense.

Source: Labnol

{this is the highest i have found if you can find one that's faster make a new topic and post it but it has to be higher than 2.56 Terabit per second or higher}

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would settle for even 1Gbps dl/up rate :dance2:

Bolt_Gundam510
Bolt_Gundam510, The title of the article is misleading a little bit, check here it's data transmission record but not for Internet.

The fastest link I could find is 16.4Tb/s Source

Yet the fastest Internet connection is still the one with the old lady 40Gbps

not being mean but, bite me :dance2: i just found it i didn't know about that site though. thanks for posting it here, but the 164TBPS is the start of a very fast internet. you all ways have to think of what comes before in the past before one can advance. now the one out that i know of it the 40gig one now that's fast in deed. DAM AT&T DON'T HAVE IT OUT HERE AND COMCAST TO DAM HIGH!!!! :smoke:

Bolt_Gundam510, The title of the article is misleading a little bit, check here it's data transmission record but not for Internet.

The fastest link I could find is 16.4Tb/s Source

Yet the fastest Internet connection is still the one with the old lady 40Gbps

not being mean but, bite me :dance2: i just found it i didn't know about that site though. thanks for posting it here, but the 164TBPS is the start of a very fast internet. you all ways have to think of what comes before in the past before one can advance. now the one out that i know of it the 40gig one now that's fast in deed. DAM AT&T DON'T HAVE IT OUT HERE AND COMCAST TO DAM HIGH!!!! :smoke:

you know at&t and comcast would cap your speed to dailup anyway when you actually use the internet

"We're considering giving her a 100 gigabits per second connection in the summer," said Hafsteinn Jonsson.

"Then she'll be able to dry all her neighbours' laundry too."

Love how they joke about!

Archived