Adam McKay Confirms "Anchorman 2"

Rudeboy2025

Rudeboy2025

Collider spoke to director Adam McKay (Anchorman, Talladega Nights), who revealed that he and Will Ferrell will soon begin work on the sequel to "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy."

"I'm looking to do another movie, I might do this other movie called 'Channel 3 Billion' which is kind of this science fiction/Brazil type comedy," said McKay "Then after that, Will and I are like let's do 'Anchorman 2'... so you're talking like two years maybe we'll do it. But we're going to do it, for sure."

When asked for a confirmation that the film will definitely happen, McKay said: "Yeah, yeah, yeah. We're dying to do it. Unless we can't get the cast together, which is always kind of a tricky thing. But, I think, with that cast we're all friends, so yeah, we want to do it."

The original movie released back in 2004 and went on to earn over $85 million in worldwide ticket sales. That's pretty good when you consider that the film had only a $26 million budget.

Source: WorstPreviews.com

Hmm, I loved the first one but I don't think they can make it work a second time. We'll see.

• Views 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived