VMWare Workstation Download Link

Tweety.Abd

Hey.

I'd like to know why the direct link for VMWare Workstation is of Rapidshare when there are better alternatives such as direct link provided by softpedia. If at all, we could have uploaded it on JumboFiles as it's best for storing large files. Rapidshare hardly ever works for me and it's not just very easy to use, in contrast with other file hosting providers.

• Replies 12
  • Views 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey.

I'd like to know why the direct link for VMWare Workstation is of Rapidshare when there are better alternatives such as direct link provided by softpedia. If at all, we could have uploaded it on JumboFiles as it's best for storing large files. Rapidshare hardly ever works for me and it's not just very easy to use, in contrast with other file hosting providers.

I've posted the direct link from softpedia but AFAIK the forum doesn't allow third party(even if they are trustworthy) download links to be posted on the frontpage so filesharing sites are the only alternative besides not many others(sites/forums) would allow such a leeway elsewhere either !

I've posted the direct link from softpedia but AFAIK the forum doesn't allow third party(even if they are trustworthy) download links to be posted on the frontpage so filesharing sites are the only alternative besides not many others(sites/forums) would allow such a leeway elsewhere either !

But Rapidshare isn't really good. There are many other better file hosters, one good alternative would be Jumbo Files.

But Rapidshare isn't really good. There are many other better file hosters, one good alternative would be Jumbo Files.
Won't really matter if its any filehosting site but rapidshare is provided with a default(https) secure link that seems to be the only reason why its probably preferred over here :lol:

Won't really matter if its any filehosting site but rapidshare is provided with a default(https) secure link that seems to be the only reason why its probably preferred over here :lol:

I'm not sure what benefit does one get by downloading from SSL and non SSL website. Rapidshare doesn't support download managers, and almost never works for me. Either ways, I can download from softpedia, but I'd like a conformation from the staff as to why Rapidshare is preferred.

• Administrator

Rapidshare is the preferred download provider for this link due to the speeds it provides for the download. This coupled with virtually zero wait on downloads, no advertisements or affiliate scheme makes it better than any other file hosts. The download is simply too large for us to host it ourselves.

We never ever provide links to downloads on other websites (unless its the official site).

Rapidshare is the preferred download provider for this link due to the speeds it provides for the download. This coupled with virtually zero wait on downloads, no advertisements or affiliate scheme makes it better than any other file hosts. The download is simply too large for us to host it ourselves.

We never ever provide links to downloads on other websites (unless its the official site).

I've had really bad experiences with Rapidshare in the past, but I see now they have revamped their site completely and removed many of the limitations that existed in the past, which is really good. I'd suggest a good alternative: Jumbo Files. It has the following features:

- No Advertisements

- No Affiliate Schemes

- 0 Waiting Time

- High Speeds (up to 10 connections per download)

- Resume Supported

Rapidshare provides all the facilities, except the last one - it does not support resume. Because the file is around 400 MB, it'd be difficult for low-bandwidth users to download the file, and it'd help if they could resume the download. I hope you consider my suggestion :)

• Administrator

We will test that host for a period of time and come to a conclusion soon.

Since Megaupload went offline, speeds on Rapidshare are now lower, so we will see.

We will test that host for a period of time and come to a conclusion soon.

Since Megaupload went offline, speeds on Rapidshare are now lower, so we will see.

That's great :) And why is that Rapidshare's speed are affected by MegaUpload's offline status? Just curious to know :)

• Administrator

I'd suggest a good alternative: Jumbo Files.

We have been testing this host for a few days now. We have not been overly impressed with it unfortunately. For the following reasons; large fluctuations in download speeds, generally slow speeds (unless using a download manager) and the large number of advertisements on the site.

I uploaded Windows XP SP3 to the site if anyone else wishes to test and post feedback. (Link)

We have been testing this host for a few days now. We have not been overly impressed with it unfortunately. For the following reasons; large fluctuations in download speeds, generally slow speeds (unless using a download manager) and the large number of advertisements on the site.

I uploaded Windows XP SP3 to the site if anyone else wishes to test and post feedback. (Link)

Well I downloaded a few things from the file host, and it was really good. I didn't notice any ads (obviously because I had Ad Block), but the thing is, most of the people on the internet use some kind of ad block. I do not prefer Rapidshare for only one reason: it has no resume feature. That's it. I've downloaded about 8 GB from Rapidshare in the past week, the speed for some files were really slow, but most of the files were really fast. I'll test JumboFiles again and let you know about it, but the thing is I'm using IDM, but I'll test without it and report it.

Thank you for considering my suggestion, though it might not have been much useful.

Note: I tested the file now, and it's entirely different speed than I experienced, even with IDM. As things are now, I'd say Rapidshare is better for now.

Note 2: What do you say about Minus file hosting site? I haven't tested it, but frequently download pictures from there, but I'm not sure how it performs for big files.

Archived