Further Application Listings Updates

Lite

• Administrator

News.pngAs part of our ongoing commitment to bring you, our users, the very best software available we have just completed our second major application listings update in as many months. Lots of other applications were considered however they didn’t make the cut this time, but maybe we will add them in the future.

The full list of applications is:

Additions : BoClean, PerfectDisk, Vize/XPize, WinAVI, GOM Player, Defraggler, AVG Free, KMPlayer, Fraps, CachemanXP

Removals : Wisdom-Soft MotionStudio, SpySweeper, EnTech PowerStrip, BeLight

A special thanks to Shought, Baldie, HATE9X, DualCORE1 and Kurrado for their suggestions.

If you have any further suggestions or comments feel free to post a reply in this topic.

We hope you enjoy these updates.

Thanks,

The nsane.down team

• Replies 41
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maniac2003

Nice additions, some good software between them.

Why is Counterspy removed ? Good piece of software if you ask me.

Better alternatives I reckon (maniac2003). Thanks for the update.

Misses HyperSnap.

• Administrator

My mistake, was supposed to remove SpySweeper, but ended up removing CounterSpy B)

All fixed now.

Very good Additions!! :P

most of them are very useful! B)

Thanks for the update Admin.

I see you also got a new logo on top of the page, nice. Good you added Fraps, nice for the gamers amongst us. Hehe, and Winavi too, only i have to say i'm currently trying out ConvertX to DVD and i like it very, very much! Much more advanced options and stuff and it's even a little faster (1 or 2 minutes) so i think i'm sticking with that B) I'm thinking about redoing my guide that i wrote on how to convert a dvd with subtitles using ConvertX to DVD, will be a lot easier i guess.

crazyheart

i got a suggestions that how about if use add CloneDVD 4.1 from DVD X STUDIOS. its really good software it does what it suppose to do. rips to divx 100% quality.

CloneDVD is a flexible and easy to use DVD movie copy software. Without special setting, CloneDVD auto removes all protections (CSS, RC, RCE, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying, lets you freely copy all of your DVD movie collections and DVD movie conversion, makes you freely convert DVD as various multi-media file to expand your multimedia entertainment on most popular portable devices(Apple iPod Video, iPhone, Sony PSP, Zune, Zen, Smart Phone, PMP etc).

trust me really handy software and it does what it supose to do. i have been using for 3 years and never let me down for ones. u might check it out www.clonedvd.net/clone-dvd.html for the image www.clonedvd.net/images/clonedvd/clonedvd_screenshot1.jpg

From crazyheart

SacredCultivator

Just throwing it out there, given that you removed Webroot's SpySweeper, in regards to a On-Demand 9Not necessarily have it running in the background) what would be the next best Alternative? CounterSpy?

As I only use it on-demand from time to time, opposed to having it running in the background.

Thanks.

Yeah running stuff like that on the background is gonna run up your performance... But if you know what you are doing and scan here and there then you are all set B) i scan my computer here and there and stuff....

• Administrator
Just throwing it out there, given that you removed Webroot's SpySweeper, in regards to a On-Demand 9Not necessarily have it running in the background) what would be the next best Alternative? CounterSpy?

As I only use it on-demand from time to time, opposed to having it running in the background.

Thanks.

Something like AVG anti-spyware or SuperAntiSpyware have good detection ratios.

BoClean is quite light weight running in realtime.

I`m want to make a suggestion:

please add Babylon Pro to the new list,

I use it now for a year or three,

and I can`t without it anymore.

It`s very useful for a lot of members, I think. ;)

Thanks in advance.

There one program that i can't live without it Total Commanderhttp://www.ghisler.com/ . This program is for the fans of the old Norton Commander ( Remember the Ms Dos Windows 3.1 days ;) ) it's simply the best file manager arround it will easily replace the windows explorer as the main file manager , plus it has a huge amount of plugins and addons wich make him even more powerfull. It's just like how people say once you use the program you'll be hooked forever and will be the first thing you end up affter installing a new Os not even the drivers Tc first the drivers come second . To put it short can't live without it when it comes to managing a PC.

Total Commander 7.03

Total Commander is a file manager replacement that offers multiple language support, search, file comparison, directory synchronization, quick view panel with bitmap display, ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling plus plugins, built-in FTP client with FXP, HTTP proxy support, and more.

Features of Total Commander:

Features of Total Commander:

- Two file windows side by side

- Multiple language support

- Enhanced search function

- Compare files / synchronize directories

- Quick View panel with bitmap display

- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins

- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support

- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool

- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history + favorites buttons

- Both 32 bit and 16 bit versions available!

- Long filenames in Windows 95/98 and Windows NT (16 and 32-bit version)!

- Direct access to Network Neighbourhood

- Supports Drag & Drop with Explorer/the Desktop etc.

- Command line for starting of programs with parameters, simply by typing the program name or by pressing CTRL+ENTER or CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

- Configurable button bar and Start menu (User-defined commands) to place your frequently used DOS or - Windows programs into a drop-down menu. The actual directory and/or the file under the cursor can be delivered to the application.

- Configurable main menu.

- Built in file viewer (Lister) to view files of ANY SIZE in hex, binary or text format, using either the ASCII- (DOS) or the ANSI- (Windows) character set. The line width and font size can now be changed. You can even view files inside archives! New: Support for Unicode UTF-8 format.

- Bitmap viewer in Lister, additional formats through Irfanview (see addons).

- HTML- and Unicode-Viewer in Lister.

- Parallel port transfer function (direct cable connection), works between Win95/98/NT/2000/3.1 and DOS!

- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search

Total Commander comes in the following languages: English, German, French, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, and now also Hebrew, Greek, Afrikaans, Catalan, Turkish and Ukrainian! The help is available in English, German and French (separately).

All Features

Changes in Total Commander 7.03 (April 24, 2008):

- Bug fix release to version 7.02a, which fixes a few bugs found since last Autumn when Total Commander 7.02a was released

Size: 2.06 MB

Download

Ps : Just give this program a chance it take a bit to get used to it buf after a while you'll get hooked especialy if you love using your keyboard instead of the mouse.

Hmm, how can I help get Hiren's Boot Disk on the list. What type of host do you need set up?

I guess we can upload Hiren's BootCD to the proxy, if we agree on how and what.

I guess we can upload Hiren's BootCD to the proxy, if we agree on how and what.

Won't that take up way to much bandwidth? It'd be a lot easier if someone just made a torrent, i would be happy to do so but my connection isn't very fast(60 KB/sec up). If like 4 people would download it from me and we keep seeding it. I'd be happy to share it 60 KB/sec 12 or more hours a day for a week. I could upload it to TPB and Demonoid.

Another alternative is just taking one of the torrents that are already online... Which would be smart i guess, but that does look more 3rd party :)

• Administrator

The proxy isn't designed for files of the size of hirens boot CD and yes it would use too much bandwidth.

The proxy isn't designed for files of the size of hirens boot CD and yes it would use too much bandwidth.

Sooooo, how bout my idea?

why would you guys even want Hiren's BootCD in the 1st place?

why would you guys even want Hiren's BootCD in the 1st place?

Because it's handy for testing computer components and doing other stuff.

• Administrator

I don't think your idea is in the best intrests of this site.

I think you(Lite) misunderstood what i meant with 'my idea', possibly you didn't, but i'll explain it anyway. I thought of the problem, to much bandwidth being used, myself and made a possible solution, posted in this post:

Won't that take up way to much bandwidth? It'd be a lot easier if someone just made a torrent, i would be happy to do so but my connection isn't very fast(60 KB/sec up). If like 4 people would download it from me and we keep seeding it. I'd be happy to share it 60 KB/sec 12 or more hours a day for a week. I could upload it to TPB and Demonoid.

Another alternative is just taking one of the torrents that are already online... Which would be smart i guess, but that does look more 3rd party :smoke:

If you did know what i meant and you think that this idea is not in the best interests of this site, then i must accept your decision :dance2:

Archived