Need soft to convert .MP3 to .MIDI

sanjoa

Hi, guys! How you doin'? I need a programme to convert an MP3 file to a MIDI file. I've Googled but I have nothing found. Could you help me? Thanks

• Replies 9
  • Views 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

AudaCity Midi page. Note the "Converting from audio formats to MIDI" section (on that page).. I've spent years to find a way to do it. AmazingMIDI is one program that worked, but don't expect anything near good. Also, you'll need to try a lot (about a hundred times) to get a right one. AmazingMIDI only converts wav to midi though. Try some other program mentioned there.

Sincerely, it's not worth the effort. ;)

sabrosolatino

AudaCity Midi page. Note the "Converting from audio formats to MIDI" section (on that page).. I've spent years to find a way to do it. AmazingMIDI is one program that worked, but don't expect anything near good. Also, you'll need to try a lot (about a hundred times) to get a right one. AmazingMIDI only converts wav to midi though. Try some other program mentioned there.

Sincerely, it's not worth the effort. ;)

mmm I guess that is why one single MIDI CD (with less than 20 songs) cost like U$100 (american doilars),

This CDs or PianoCD (as they call it), are made by a California Company name "PianoDisk".

This CDs have in one channel the MIDI track (the one that makes the piano play the notes) and in the other Channel have a WAV track (WAV files) for the extra instruments of the songs.

I'm wrong or this CDs are in MIDI format?? The MIDI channel make bips sound like the old "Telephone Modems".

I believe there is also a MIDI2000 program or something alike.

I guess because of the cost U$100 for each PianoCD is worthy.

My apologies if I'm totally mistake, and the PianoCD are not in real MIDI format.

I am just trying to help a blind friend who has this old "Auto-Piano" (Which plays the "Piano-CDs")

If anyone has more info please share it with me or point to where I can read more,

Thanks in advance.

Sabroso from Latinoamerica

• Administrator

Don't really have any idea about it. Here's the Wikipedia Midi page to help you understand midi better. :)

To simplify it, from what I know, midi files are not real sound files, they just tell your computer what sound to make with computer's build-in midi player or something.

Midi are recorded in musical notes, they play piano and capture and all, hence they could be expensive. Really have no idea beyond that.

sabrosolatino
To simplify it, from what I know, midi files are not real sound files, they just tell your computer what sound to make with computer's build-in midi player or something.

Midi are recorded in musical notes, they play piano and capture and all, hence they could be expensive. Really have no idea beyond that.

Thanks DKT27,

mmm I guess I'm wrong. I guess my friend has been bad informed that the Piano use MIDI,

because as you said MIDI are not a sound file, MIDI it is more like a "music notation".

So Again I'm totally clueless how they transform MIDI or whatever kind of "music notation" to "bips sound" that the piano can traduce to play. Need to search more

Thanks again

• Administrator

because as you said MIDI are not a sound file, MIDI it is more like a "music notation".

Exactly.

Also, from what I can understand, the instruments are connected to the computer and played, the computer then records it.

Do note, the midi music is not nessesarily from piano, there are lot of instruments that could be used to record / make such.

The thing is, IMO, people used to prefer Midi files as MP3s were too big for an mobile phone few years ago (and even normal computers 10 years ago). Now that the microSD cards are totally common these days, the usage of Midi has dropped. Ofc there's a craze for it in general, but the craze for the mobile side has gone. This is what I've personally learned throughout the times. Because of that, converting seems a bit meaningless to me, unless you really enjoy the soothing music of midi than a real mp3. :)

Archived