Do you have SP2 installed into your XP computer?

Guest Blank Space

Do you have SP2 (Service Pack 2) installed into your XP computer?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have SP2 (Service Pack 2) installed into your XP computer?

• Yes, but I wouldn't recommend using it.
    • Yes, and I recommend you use it.
    • Yes, but I don't know if I would recommend it or not.
    • No, I don't have SP2 / I don't own a XP computer

Guest Blank Space

I am thinking if I should update to SP2. I have Sp1 right now, but I would like to see how many people here have SP2 on their XP computer.

• Replies 60
  • Views 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but SLIPSTREAM also! you can make a slipstreamed cd here: Linky. I had major problems installing SP2 from Windows Updates, so what i did was i made a Slipstreamed sp2 cd and then just installed over.

I had SP2, but for some reason it was uninstalled. I was planning to download it again, but I can never connect to Micrsoft's Web Site.

LemonHead2089

i have SP2, but i don't know if would recommend it or not. don't really notice any difference :P

and it was me that added the "Yes, but I don't know if I would recommend it or not." option, or "candidate" :D

i'd recommend installing it, aside from the corrupting of software, it actually includes ALOT of security updates :P

I was lucky to obtain an SP2 CD, so I won't be using Windows Update.

Sorry, i mean to say both the cd and windows updates were f****d up.

Guess I'll have to order a CD because I always get an error message when trying to update.

LemonHead2089

maybe you have a pirated copy of windows xp? a "friend" :P of mine did and he decided to format his computer before he installed SP2 just to start off fresh (he had installed it off a CD he ordered about a month or 2 earlier). after he formatted his computer and he tried to install SP2 it wouldn't let him. so he formatted again for some stupid reason and got the problem once more. after the last time he did it, he finally learned his lesson and went online where he found a "special key" :D and entered that one when he had to enter it when Windows XP waqs being installed. He put in the SP2 CD and it installed like a charm. he should of known better from a very similar experience he had before, I tell you, people these days :P :D

People, also slipstream your windows cd. its very usefull if you ever have to like reformat or reinstall windows or something like that, then you dont have to install sp2 again! Heres the LINK

EDIT:Made one days ago and works like a charm :P

LemonHead2089

kool Snake thanks

what was that one website that had a SP2 patch that opened up more connections for the P2P apps again? :P

Yea when it came out, it totally messed up some of my apps and programs, so I had to do a reformat at the time.

I waited a few months before I managed to pluck up the courage again to reinstall it, with of course using the lvllord patch to increase the connections.

It does fix a shedload of security flaws though, which was my main concern.

I would recommend getting it, but in any case, you'll be getting it whether you like it or not. Microsoft will be disabling the auto-update feature for SP2 so whether you have it enabled or disabled, you're getting it one way or another. I'll try and find the article related to this.

Samurai

Edit - Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) News Source

• Administrator

If you guys are on about Win2k SP5.... it aint gonna happen either... MS scrapped the idea in favour of a update rollup pack.

maybe you have a pirated copy of windows xp? a "friend" :whistle: of mine did and he decided to format his computer before he installed SP2 just to start off fresh (he had installed it off a CD he ordered about a month or 2 earlier). after he formatted his computer and he tried to install SP2 it wouldn't let him. so he formatted again for some stupid reason and got the problem once more. after the last time he did it, he finally learned his lesson and went online where he found a "special key" :pirate: and entered that one when he had to enter it when Windows XP waqs being installed. He put in the SP2  CD and it installed like a charm. he should of known better from a very similar experience he had before, I tell you, people these days :(  :hypocrite:

No, XP came with the PC when I bought it, and I don't have the XP CD so I ordered a SP2 CD.

Archived