Uploaded.to Blocks US Visitors After MegaUpload Shutdown

nsane.forums

VeJ27.jpg

bannedhost.to, one of the most popular file-hosting sites in the Internet, has closed its doors to US visitors.

The move is most likely a response to the FBI crackdown on MegaUpload two days ago.

US visitors of bannedhost.to currently get the following message.

“Not Available: Our service is currently unavailable in your country. Sorry about that.”

The site has yet to release an official statement on the “block.” Whether it’s permanent, and the alleged relation to the MegaUpload raids and arrests is unknown at this point.

bannedhost.to’s decision is just one of the many changes the major cyberlockers have made during the past days. More on that later.

bannedhost.to

nQ5Y1.jpg

view.gif View: Original Article

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Interesting move. I'm afraid most of the outside filehosters will do it if this bs continues.

Trying not to be anti-american here, have very good (people &) friends here on nsane.forums living there, but I must say I liked this comment on TF:

“Not Available: Our service is currently unavailable in your country. Sorry about that.”

About time you Yanks saw that notice, I was sick of seeing that on most of the websites I visit. Now you know how the rest of the world feels when they can't access US based sites. For years I have been warning people that they want to divide and lock down the internet. And do you know why? So they can control the message, like they could before the days of the Internet. The global borderless nature of the internet is what truly scares them, they know they can't custom-tailor propaganda in the different countries like they could before.

Don't be foolish, its not about piracy, its about control.

I commend the author of that quote you posted DKT. Very well said, I agree 100%. More sites need to do this.

It's just a shame that the good people from the US find themselves blocked from bannedhost.to because of their corrupt goverment.

I wonder how many people in the US had important files on the bannedhost.to servers.

Of course its about control -- this all traces back to the Arab Spring and the fear it instilled in the U.S. wealthy and corporations. They are trying to cut off the line of sight and communication anyway they can. You would think they had dumbed down the populace enough to inhibit all fighting back already, but even that's not enough. Geez, they actually have Homeland Security following every single post on Twitter!!! In that environment you think they will allow the unrestricted passing of digital files from one hand to another, no less on systems where people can retain anonymity?

I'm from the U.S., by the way. All that's left of this place is police, surveillance, and plutocracy. We were never going to recover from George Bush. And Obama is a fraud, albeit one with a more ingratiating smile who is able to speak in complete sentences. But nonetheless, still a total fraud. I don't know if people around the world really understand how bad things have become in the U.S. I swear, sometimes I think a year or two down the pike they will be taking economically unprivileged people like me and just marching us off to mass ovens because we fail to properly contribute to the betterment of the rich.

thank you obama for making us more like china. you bast

Archived