The PC Decrapifier

bearoninternet

bearoninternet

logo.gif

The PC Decrapifier

will uninstall many of the common trialware and annoyances found on many of the PCs from big name OEMs. The PC Decrapifier is a program designed to remove or uninstall a specific list unwanted software in an unattended fashion. It can be used to clean off most of the annoying software that is typically shipped with newer PCs.

What it removes.

Homepage.

Screenshots: (click to enlarge).

pcdc-welcome.thumbnail.jpg pcdc-restore-point.thumbnail.jpg pcdc-select-items2.thumbnail.jpg

• Welcome. Restore point. Select items.

download_button.png

• Replies 15
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bearoninternet
Not what both StopZilla and Comodo's Bo-Clean reported!!!

Read the faq.

I get a message that says this might be a potential security risk/virus/trojan/worm. What's up?

There are a couple things that can cause this. In any case the PC Decrapifier does not pose a security risk.

Windows will display this dialog box for downloaded files and executables in zip files simply as a warning to make you aware that you are going to run an executable program.

Also, some spyware/anti-virus programs may pop-up a warning for the PC Decrapifier because it is made with a scripting language. This is an unwarranted warning and should be ignored.

If you would like more information please scan the file yourself at this website:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

As you will see, one or two of the anti-virus programs flag the file simply because AutoIT has been used by virus writers in the past. Instead of doing a good job, some of these Anti-Virus programs are lazy and just blindly flag anything written with AutoIT. There is nothing I can do about it.

and also take a look at this AutoIT forum:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/lofivers...php?t18690.html

looks like a good prog ;) thank you could come in handy on a new format

Mwuah, i doubt that you'll need it when you format and install a fresh and clean version of XP ;) You might need it if your PC came with a custom DVD(in most cases) that will install Windows XP for you. But most of the time, at least that was the case with my DVD, you can select which things to install and which not.

bearoninternet

Mwuah, i doubt that you'll need it when you format and install a fresh and clean version of XP ;) You might need it if your PC came with a custom DVD(in most cases) that will install Windows XP for you. But most of the time, at least that was the case with my DVD, you can select which things to install and which not.

It depends on the type of pc. If you have a oem desktop / notebook with preinstalled os, say like compaq, it usually is preinstalled with bloatware. Removing those can be a real pain in the @$$. Thats when this prog might come in handy.

Off course, if you install a fresh os like xp, this will not be the case.

But if you just format your hd which came with preinstalled os, and do a clean install, in most cases you have no more warranty.

Nowadays, there are not many computer out there you can buy without preinstalled os.

Unless you build your own, :) .

It depends on the type of pc. If you have a oem desktop / notebook with preinstalled os, say like compaq, it usually is preinstalled with bloatware. Removing those can be a real pain in the @$$. Thats when this prog might come in handy.

Off course, if you install a fresh os like xp, this will not be the case.

But if you just format your hd which came with preinstalled os, and do a clean install, in most cases you have no more warranty.

Nowadays, there are not many computer out there you can buy without preinstalled os.

Unless you build your own, :D .

First reading in and then building your own is probably best... If you use common sense and check reviews about your parts then building your own custom made PC isn't that hard at all. I know, i did it myself :) With a lot of help from guys here at the forum and some friends :blink:

zombiegod
First reading in and then building your own is probably best... If you use common sense and check reviews about your parts then building your own custom made PC isn't that hard at all. I know, i did it myself :) With a lot of help from guys here at the forum and some friends :D
Gratz!

You already build everything?

Everything works the way it should?

Didn't build it myself ;) Just picked the parts

;)

First reading in and then building your own is probably best... If you use common sense and check reviews about your parts then building your own custom made PC isn't that hard at all. I know, i did it myself :P With a lot of help from guys here at the forum and some friends :dance2:
Gratz!

You already build everything?

Everything works the way it should?

Didn't build it myself ;) Just picked the parts

:wtf:

I guess you need me to explain this, right?

I custom selected all the parts in my PC on a website and then i have to pay them € 55,- extra so they put it together, add any necessary parts and install it.

So: I didn't build it myself, it's more like i 'drew' the design.

I guess the problem lies in the word 'building' in your first quote... By building there i meant: picking the parts.

Ok... besides it's trojan suspiciouness... it's still a CRAP useless prog anyway!!!

Ok... besides it's trojan suspiciouness... it's still a CRAP useless prog anyway!!!

If you would have taken the time to read the FAQ you would've seen that there's nothing wrong with this program, so no trojans. The only thing that is wrong is those AV that flag it as a trojan, they're just being lazy.

And don't you think it's a bit disrespectful to bearoninternet, who (i guess) does see the value of this program, and the people who put their time and effort into creating this program? This program, and i'm sure of this, will be very useful to a lot of people. I've had a preinstalled system that came with a lot of crap once and i would've loved to have this back then, because i needed to remove every explorer extension, every toolbar and every little tiny idiotic program myself.

This is not meant to insult you, i'd just like you to be a little more considerate.

This is not meant to insult you, i'd just like you to be a little more considerate.

This is... Go F--- yourself. You are an a-hole. How would you like if someone crapped on something you did or said just because they could add a comment on some website that makes them feel important. Go back to your insignificant existence and maybe try to be someone at some other website. P@ss off!!

bearoninternet

It removes crap, if you dont like it, don't use it.

Archived