Problem with nsaneforum's notifications

sanjoa

Hi, everybody. I'm subscripted to Mobile News subforum so I get notified when a post is added, but I don't receive notifications. I received notifications when I've subscribed but then then it no longer happened. So I've unfollowed and followed subforum again and checked my configuration and everything is OK. Hotmail is no problem, because I receive other notifications from nsane (from posts I've answered or created). Thanks in advance

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Did you get an notification just now?

But I didn't receive a new post talking about Win 8 new mobile internet experience that was posted recently.

• Administrator

Now I know why this is happening, that's because of the News Hound. Thing is, the News Hound works differently, it doesn't directly post news there. They are filtered and moved there. Hence, unfortunetely, I don't think there's any solution to this problem at the moment.

Have you ever subscribed to other News forum (World News/Filesharing News/etc.)? Cause as far as I know, the scenario is the same there.

Do note, the above problem wont occur when someone else (staff/members/vips) makes a thread there, it only applies to the News Hound. ;)

No, I've not subscribed to other subforums. But I do receive post from other members that post on the Mobile news subforum

• Administrator

That confirms the thing I mentioned above. ;)

When a topic is moved into a forum which someone is following it should be included as a notification. I'll contact IPB about this ;)

• Administrator

When a topic is moved into a forum which someone is following it should be included as a notification. I'll contact IPB about this ;)

Good move. I was thinking about it. :)

Also, can you add it when they are approved?

Good move. I was thinking about it. :)

Also, can you add it when they are approved?

I think it (both when moved and when approved) will require quite some code changes, so I don't think this is something which we'll see soon, but who knows ;)

• 3 months later...
need4steer

I'd like to present my problem, which is similar, so I decided no to open a new topic for now. (If it's not appropriate please comment me and I'll update a separate topic)

I'm having problem with receiving notifications from topics I reply in.

After I'm posting a comment, it's visible that I'm not following it (by the follow button in the upper-right corner of the topic).

I can manually click on the follow button and then it's working.

This problem started about two weeks ago (to be more specific, I noticed it first at wednesday when I wondered how can it be that I'm not receiving updates from the IDM topic - which is pretty hot).

I checked and double-checked all of the settings.

I also refreshed the paged I posted in (though in the past I didn't needed to refresh it in order to see that I'm following the topic).

Here are some screenshots:

• The topic before and after I'm posting any comment:

Posted Image

• The settings:

Posted Image

• Manualyl setting the following with the follow button:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Will you please check this issue?

Archived