AV-Test Nov/Dec 11 Report

maia

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't trusts these reports anymore. They are very different from one tester to another. For instance, AV-C reported ESET to be the lightest (causing the lowest slowdown to the system), and according to this report, its been rated 10. Another aspect would be false positives, Kaspersky has 0, while on AV-C test, it has many. I started using McAfee, and yes it does use more resources than it's competitors, but it doesn't slow down the system, in terms of extracting, encoding, booting, etc.

I don't trusts these reports anymore. They are very different from one tester to another. For instance, AV-C reported ESET to be the lightest (causing the lowest slowdown to the system), and according to this report, its been rated 10. Another aspect would be false positives, Kaspersky has 0, while on AV-C test, it has many. I started using McAfee, and yes it does use more resources than it's competitors, but it doesn't slow down the system, in terms of extracting, encoding, booting, etc.

Actually you right bro.

Some years ago Kaspersky blocked thousands of its license wrongly without any reason and did not replace it with another license.

one years ago Kaspersky stole his son for attention of media and TV and etc.You can read sophos's CEO for his telephone talking with Mr Kaspersky.

and other reasons that enough for an irresponsible company.

ESET is use a lot in middle east and specially IRAN and has earned good money in this area .more than 50% of its website views are Iranian IPs.ESET is good for an basic systems and is not good for dangerous areas.

that is only light.

You must pay attention to 3 notes:

1-Responsibility of company.

2-speed of reaction of software when a zero and real world risks will spread

3- 40% detection rates and its tools - - - 40% stability and error free - - - - 20% Performance

You can choose with this factors.

I think you can choose between : Symantec , Mcafee , Trendmicro and Webroot

That is only my idea ;)

Archived