How to find out who sold your Gmail address to spammers

dock98

We hate spam and hate those spammers too. But how do we get spam? We get most of the spam from the spammers who buy our email address from the websites where we register and give out the email address.

It is absolutely impossible for us to find out who sold our email address to those spammers who choke our inbox with unwanted emails. But now there is a solution to find out people who sell our confidential information to others. Gmail provides a not so explicit feature which you can use to find out which website is giving out your email address to spammers. This will not work for the previous websites where you have already registered but you can use it for future registrations.

here how:

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it would be worth trying on any of the public emails,i would think.i am gonna try it on yahoo as soon as i get the opportunity.(if its still yahoo by then)

it would be worth trying on any of the public emails,i would think.i am gonna try it on yahoo as soon as i get the opportunity.(if its still yahoo by then)

Read:

Great in theory but most registration forms consider email addresses with ‘+’ in them as a invalid and won’t take them.

@Craig…This looks limited to Gmail only. I tried it with Rediffmail and Yahoo and it did not work.

and

@Vikrant: I just tried sending one to yahoo, and you’re right, I did get a permanent failure.

Short: Totally not fail proof and doesn't work on many free email services :rolleyes:

Archived