Problem Loading OS

csmdew

Yesterday My windows 7 E started crashing repeatedly and has been a problem for several weeks so I decided to format and reload with 7 ult but I can't get anything to load to drive. After I get past showing drive to install os and it says it is installing files it quits after about 11% loaded (corrupt or missing files) and won't continue. I have tried several dvd discs with different versions and all do basicly the same, even the one from MS. These drives have been formatted and loaded several times before. Also I must note that I have tried with 5 different HDs. Any ideas how to force load or what I need to do to make it load the OS.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Problem with DVD drive?

If it's not the disks nor the HD, than it should be the DVD drive.

The drive reads and installs up to the expanding files and will only expand about 13% before it says missing or corrupt files replace disk and reinstall. Bye the way I have 2 dvd-rws in the case and get same results no matter which one I use. Could a cpu cause this type of problem. I really need help on this problem. Thanks

I've never seen a CPU really give any1 issues. Try cleaning the lens in both drives. I mean both drives could be bad. Its not uncommon that both CD/DVD drives can fail or be dirty. It depends on how dusty the inside of the case is. I would see if you could install it from a flash drive. Its a lot faster and the flash drive can't get dirty. Also it can't hurt to test the hard drive. Try those and see if you get any issue

-BTY

2 hds are new and the othe ones were just being used (1( might have bad sectors and is why I decided to not fight with the BSOD); also both drives read fine until the files start to expand and then it get corrupt or missing files. I am now loading a flash drive on old computer to try, will update but seriously thinking about some target pratice with this puter. thanks

get a fresh untouched MSDN Win 7 ISO > match the hashes > prepare a bootable Win 7 pendrive > plug it in > boot the pc into pendrive > click on install .

Done .

Windows would install in less than 15 mins .... !

I have a store bought win 7 pro and I installed it to a flash drive and then tried to install on puter and it said damaged boot record. I have about 8 or 9 different win 7 iso and they all will start to load but when then get to about 13% of expanding files I get msg: Windows cannot install required files. File may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. error 0x80070570....Also when u say pen drive I guess u mean flash drive (right). What is the proper way to make it a bootable pen drince I must have done something wrong on the first copy I did. As much detailed instruction u can provide is greatly appreciated, thanks.

try changing the HDD settings in BIOS as Dkt suggests .

or

you can easily n quickly install Win 7 via a USB Flash Drive .

follow here -

>> Win 7 untouched MSDN ISO -- http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/7126-The-Official-Windows-7-Repository?p=87550&viewfull=1#post87550

>>Windows 7 USB install tool from Microsoft -- http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

>>Step by Step instructions -- http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2009/12/-the-usb-flash-drive.ars

follow through the above links and you would have a bootable flash drive with Win 7 on it in no time .

if you have the original discs , no need to redownload the windows again .

just use Nero or Image burn and create an ISO file from the windows 7 cd and use it to create the bootable USB with the tool .

after the usb is ready ,

plug it in ,

turn ON your pc ,

go into your BIOS ,

and from there Boot into your USB .

Done .

you will be presented with the Win 7 installation menu ...

Thanks to all u guys or gals for the great help. Turns out to be a combo of effects but with the usb load and removal of what appears to be a bad stick of ram I now have this win 7 back on its feet. The only problem is with age comes forgetfullness and I will probably forget what to do next time, So I'm gonna print out all the input on this page. Thanks a million.

Archived