How to Use 2 Dial-up connections

princenarwal

princenarwal

hello guys,

i got 2 dial-up connection and want to use both connection as a single connection. both are from same isp. but when i connect them, system use only one connection, the last to connect. so is their any way to use both connection.

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow!!! still on dialup!!!

theoretically i think you would need two modems, a dial-up connection configured to each, then you would have to dial/connect each connection and once connected, bridge the two connections...

Windows will use only one connection (last one) as it's default gateway to access the internet. Perhaps in linux with some sophisticated configuration you colud combine both connections in some way.

i for one know of dual load balancing routers, wherein 2 ethernet ports of varying ISPs can be used, wherein if one goes out, it fails-over to the next ISP.. but dial-up? dang..

There use to be some old progams that did it. Team something, FatPipe & another.

Worked pretty good actually. Most people say no way, but it works.

Had to use two seperate descriptive named connections in windows registry & a proxy cache.

Some of the dial up modem makers, maybe have it in their old softwares.

or

Search modem teaming.

princenarwal

i have little knowledge about netwoking but i think it can be done by making a single net connection using both dial-ups via a VPN in the same pc.

dial-up+dial-up=new connection via VPN.

any suggestion.

also i asked from comodo geek budy's support, they suggested wingate. if anyone have used that then plz comment.

thanx

this question has been ask before. only 1. now you could use an external what the heck was its name? that did 112 k speed. bascially 2 56 k modems. but you ahd to pay for a line liek that so nope fo ryour problem

babelpatcher

this only DUN (dialup newtworking) with 2 or more modem.

you can use midpoint.

or manually. example for DUN with 2 modems:

IP client 1 = 123.123.123.1

IP client 2 = 123.123.123.2

1. delete all default gateway: route delete 0.0.0.0

2. using proxy (search free proxy on internet with google)

example:

Proxy 1 = 118.119.120.121 Port 80 (or any port)

Proxy 2 = 128.129.130.131 Port 80 (or any port)

then add new route

route add 118.119.120.121 123.123.123.1

route add 128.129.130.131 123.123.123.2

3. Use multiproxy (mproxy, search with google)

add proxy 1 and proxy 2 into mproxy

4. mproxy will open local connection on your pc with some of port (ex: 8081)

use Proxy 127.0.0.1 Port 8081 in your browser/downloadmanager/any software that need it.

• 10 months later...

Finally i got two programs which are easy to use and do not require any special configration to be made and these two, i think, deserves to be on frontpage.

1st-ForceBindIP. it is a free command line utility. it can let you use a program with just the connection you specified. e.g download with idm with connection 1 and surf the net with connection 2.

in my opinion its a great product.

"

About

ForceBindIP is a freeware Windows application that will inject itself into another application and alter how certain Windows Sockets calls are made, allowing you to force the other application to use a specific network interface / IP address. This is useful if you are in an environment with multiple interfaces and your application has no such option for binding to a specific interface.

ForceBindIP works in two stages - the loader, ForceBindIP.exe will load the target application in a suspended state. It will then inject a DLL (BindIP.dll) which loads WS2_32.DLL into memory and intercepts the bind(), connect(), sendto(), WSAConnect() and WSASendTo() functions, redirecting them to code in the DLL which verifies which interface they will be bound to and if not the one specified, (re)binds the socket. Once the function intercepts are complete, the target application is resumed. Note that some applications with anti-debugger / injection techniques may not work correctly when an injected DLL is present; for the vast majority of applications though this technique should work fine.

As of version 1.2, all known functions in WS2_32.DLL that either explicitly or implicitly bind to an interface are intercepted. Please note however that certain programs may still end up using the default interface if they implement connections that do not use the standard winsock functions.

Some programs that have been tested to work with ForceBindIP include DC++, uTorrent, Quake II, Quake III, Diablo II, StarCraft, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Earth, Infantry, Real Player, Unreal Tournament 2004 (requires -i), Outlook 2000 (requires -i). Programs that do not work include GetRight (anti-debugger / forking techniques), WinCVS (forks cvs.exe)

Usage

ForceBindIP has no graphical interface. You must configure it like a command-line application. To run 'app.exe' and force it to bind to 1.2.3.4, you would run ForceBindIP as follows:

ForceBindIP 1.2.3.4 c:\full\path\to\app.exe

Note that the full path is required; if the path contains spaces, it must be quoted. ForceBindIP can also take the GUID of an interface if for example the IP address is dynamic. To find out the GUID of your interface, run regedit and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces. Find the interface which has the dynamic address and then copy the key name. You can then run ForceBindIP as follows:

ForceBindIP {4FA65F75-7A5F-4BCA-A3A2-59824B2F5CA0} c:\path\to\app.exe

Command line options for the target program may also appear after the path to the executable if needed.

Version 1.2 also provides an optional -i parameter. If you find your chosen application crashes on startup or exhibits other unexpected behaviour, try using -i, eg:

ForceBindIP -i 1.2.3.4 c:\full\path\to\app.exe

This will cause the ForceBindIP loader to wait until the application has entered its message loop before injecting the interception DLL. Note however that any calls that the application makes to Winsock prior to the DLL being loaded will not have been bound to the chosen interface

"

2nd product is OCTOPUS+

it actually use 2 or more connection together. it is available as 30 day trial and then you have to purchase it.

for me it worked for browsing only not for downloading. but may be it can work for someone else.

"

OCTOPUS+

Are you a heavy internet user? Are you a frequent heavy downloader and worried about the download limit set by your ISP? Do you have the right of accessing more than one internet source (e.g. your personal 3G wireless link, public or private Wi-Fi, home DSL, etc.)? If the answer is yes, then Octopus+ is for you.

OCTOPUS+ is an innovative Internet Source Manger that brings a new revolutionary change in the way internet connections are utilized. OCTOPUS+ will help in utilizing all the active internet connections available in a computer. OCTOPUS+ will intelligently manage the traffic between a computer and the internet among the available active internet connections. This will ease out the congestion through each of the active internet connections and thereby maximizing internet traffic throughput while delaying the reach to the monthly download limit usually set by an ISP.

Whenever you have access to more than one internet source, Octopus+ can come to use. However, the best way to utilize OCTOPUS+ is to have your own 3G/4G CDMA/WiMAX wireless internet connection. Then use the third party option in OCTOPUS+ to locate Wi-Fi's near you or any Wi-Fi you know, so that you will have more than one internet connection that will increase your download speed/efficiency and delay reaching your download monthly limit with your 3G wireless internet subscription. If you have more than one Wi-Fi adapter in your computer, you can connect to more than one wireless connection. You can couple LAN, 3G/4G, Wi-Fi or DSL all on one computer with OCTOPUS+ to get the full benefits.

"

another free tool is adapter watch. which is helpful to use wih forcebindip.

Homepage ForceBindIp:

http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/forcebindip/

Download:

http://www.r1ch.net/...-1.2a-Setup.exe (installer)

http://www.r1ch.net/....zip (portable)

Homepage OCTOPUS+:

http://www.octopusplus.com/

Download:

http://www.octopusplus.com/download.do

Homepage Adapter Watch"

http://www.nirsoft.n...ils/awatch.html

Archived