Need C++ tutorial [Microsoft Visual Studio 6]

mara-

Hi guys,

I need really good tutorial(s) for begginers in C++ programming. I'm going to use Microsoft Visual Studio 6. If somebody knows it, please post it as soon as possible. Thanks.

Cheers ;)

• Replies 7
  • Views 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not use a newer visual studio c++?

you can still use the same code, but in a nicer environment ;) just create a WIN32 project

this site is the best - http://www.codeproject.com/

also this http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/10627/ is a good intro to what's what - header files etc

Thanks. Well, if same code can be used, then I might consider it. I need this for my faculty, and proffesor requires this one. Are you good with c++? May I contact you if I need help in solving some tasks? Problems are mostly mathematical.

Cheers ;)

My c++ is ok, but not great.

I'm happy to offer any help I can - I only use it if i have to, for interfacing, or libraries/backend stuff, and use c# for GUI work.

I have a question...

I'm used to work with older Delphi versions to make GUIs with heavy programming on the backside. My question is about GUI itself.

Designing GUI layout and programming events with Delphi are very nice tasks to do, since the environment helps a lot, it's the same as Visual Basic, but not that lame.

.NET technologies seem to have copied that behaviour from Delphi, but... i hate .NET, Java,... for their performance degradation so my question is:

Is there any modern programming language with an adecuate environment (integrated compiler is very desirable, i hate environments with external compilers) to ease things?

I know programming in C++ is hard if you like to have an attractive GUI, i know you are suposed to know about MFC, and i thought Visual C++ would help you with the visual things (design/ events). But... does it?

My clear winner is Delphi (up to version 7) in this war of languages, and i don't clearly see what's the real advantage of writing code that is *not* optimized for any platform and is prone to have different bugs in each of them.

Talking about desktop programs, of course! Business is another world i can't judge.

Thanks for your suggestion.

About newer versions of Delphi and RAD Studio...

They force you to install .NET (i do know it is included in Win7), and they use .NET in environment tools, so it feels sluggish. My computer is old nowadays (Athlon XP 3200+), so i won't install Win7, nor any virtual machine (Java/.NET), nor any program in that language.

I guess those programs may run fine in a modern computer, but i have developed many hates to them through my experience.

But i may try it in the future, though many people say Embarcadero and Codesector broke Delphi. Only Borland made decent Delphi versions. And newest versons are very .NET oriented in my opinion.

Thanks anyway, i appreciate your comment ;)

Archived