Demonoid To Be Resurrected Under New Admin

Bolt_Gundam510

Bolt_Gundam510

by enigmax

Deimos, the administrator of Demonoid has announced that he is stepping down for good due to his preoccupation with ‘real-life’ issues. For those tearing their hair out with dismay, you can stop now. The site will be resurrected under a trusted new admin and Deimos is asking the community to give him support.

Ever since Demonoid had to leave Canada, there has been speculation about the future of the site. Although the tracker has been returning periodically from various places - the latest being Ukraine - no solid news has been coming out about a proper comeback. Deimos, the Demonoid admin, has been very quiet - until now, that is.

In a message on the SubDemon forums, Deimos breaks his silence:

Hello Everyone,

It is with great sadness (and not a little relief) that I announce that I will be stepping down as admin of Demonoid, with effect from today.

Demonoid is currently suffering from a number of things, prime amongst these being my distraction with real-world issues, and so I have handed the reins over to a new administrator - a close friend of mine, which I trust completely and has the knowledge and time to take care of the site.

He will, in due course, be making his own announcements about the future of Demonoid. Of course, speculation over the future of the site is fun, but it is ultimately fruitless - you will all, in the near future, become aware of what the future holds. I trust that you will all give your support to the new admin as he finds his feet while he resurrects Demonoid.

Thanks again for your support in making Demonoid what it was and is.

Goodbye and good wishes - it has been a blast!

- Deimos

It’s great news for the BitTorrent community that the future of Demonoid is in trusted hands and for some, quite a surprise after such a long wait. But it just might be worth it if one of the world’s most popular trackers does indeed come back with a bang.

Update: The Demonoid RSS feeds started to work again.

Source: Torrent Freak

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for this breaking news. I'm sure many were hoping to hear of some positive development concerning Demonoid. Now the waiting can turn to anticipation for Demonoid's rebirth.

The cosmos smiles on this auspicious day :sneaky:

Thank you for this breaking news. I'm sure many were hoping to hear of some positive development concerning Demonoid. Now the waiting can turn to anticipation for Demonoid's rebirth.

The cosmos smiles on this auspicious day :sneaky:

well said MrV.it is good news for the file sharing community.

Good thing I signed up twice before the site went down. My main account is gone. :rolleyes:

Nvm, forgot I used a mailinator account to register. Got my account back :D

My old account still works fine, my ratio is still there etc. However, I just feel that something is fishy. I'd never think that Deimos would just hand over the site to someone else. Especially after not being around for months and then he just comes back to leave one vague message saying he's handing off to someone else and it's all good. It sort of reminds me of what happened to LokiTorrent (if anyone else remembers that site) and I get the same feeling that I got back then when LT was taken down.

I dunno, I'll just wait and see what happens to Demonoid. Also, there were tons of invitation codes being given away on 4chan.org's /g/ (Technology) section the other day. That in itself seemed suspicious because whomever you give an invite code to can screw you over if they get banned because you can get banned for being the one to invite them to Demonoid...

So to have people giving out invites willy-nilly, it kind of seemed like something that normally would never happen.

People normally gave out invites as much as they're doing now, thats why when Oink was around, you couldn't go up and say "hey, I'll trade you a demonoid invite for an oink one" because it's alot more easy to get into Demonoid than Oink.

Archived