Why hack Freebiest?

avmad

Just doing my rounds on the freebie sites and visit Freebiest.com. This is what I see.

What's the point? All Freebiest does is post software giveaways. :wtf:

i7jjv.png

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i dont think this website had much protection. hate to be if those are the hackers actually emails

its a holiday weekend what tech or admin?

Sad people, stuff like this just happens.

How well are our nasne websites protected, just wanted to know..

Imagine Fort Knox, that times 2 :P

A basic component of security is not providing valuable information about the security in public ;)

Imagine Fort Knox, that times 2 :P

A basic component of security is not providing valuable information about the security in public ;)

lol okay ;p i know that secrecy is vital, i just wanted to know how well nsane was protected and your idea of fort knox is very assuring ;p

• Administrator

Never heard about the site.

The site owners are not really noobs (well, comparatively) but the hackers.

I'll explain why. First, the site is not hacked, it's just defaced, that with what seems a simple SQLi attack. This type of defacements are quite common when noob black hats have started learning things and want to improve their rep by "hacking" (cheap defacing) of sites and posting their usernames, etc.. Thousand, five thousand site hacks, until they reach maturity. This is nothing, they will return again in few days and re-check for the vulnerability, if not fixed, they will hack it again say they hacked it twice. This type of hacks is just cheap way to misuse one's knowledge, if they really had good things to do, they could have emailed the site owner explaining the problem.

@sanjoa: No need to worry. Both Lite and shought are running the sites, they do their best to keep us safe. :)

When our school's website was hacked the hackers (who were in school at the time) they didn't deface the website but left little 'cookies' (not the technical term). In various places inside of the content, but also the code they placed names of well known cookies :P

Quite funny and harmless :)

Archived