Sandboxie-3.62/3.63 v/s Comodo's Built-in Sandbox

Mo Husen

Does any one know the difference, if any, between using Sandboxie and Comodo's built-in Sandbox which comes with CIS & CFW.

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Admittedly, I don't know of technical differences in security and safety, but from my experience (I used Kaspersky's, Comodo's and Emsisofts - Online Armor's sandboxing features) none have the flexibility or sheer configurableness of Sandboxie.

In many anti-virus and IS software, it only exists as an add-on feature, an app to force certain progs to run in it and to isolate it. However, without the proper config, you may end up breaking the functionality of the sand-boxed app. Insofar, I had Sandboxie there with all of the above. As for Comodo namely, I used it quite some versions ago, and it might be that they've added settings and layers to their sandbox, but still, I'm all for a layered approach, not IS.

Hope this helps! ;)

cis sandbox is like 2 year old baby still growing phase, it can't do too much, but sandboxie is totally different form now it totaly a grown beast you can do anything with it if you know how play with it like elumerating something they call it. so in virtualization technology sandboxie is lies in good place so learn how to play with it will be fun and it will protect your pc, if you have interest in it. thats it bye bye bye :P

Thanks @Alanon & @kmr1684.

My question was more from security point of view.

I use it mainly for opening keyg-n which have not been download from nsane. If the .exe file is infected, will running it within sandboxie or comodo-sandbox definitely stop anything been written to disk or some how infecting the pc.

If the security performance of both the programs is the same then comodo-sandbox is the easier option to use since the program is already running. Also comodo automatically runs programs it does not recognise in sandbox till it is told not to.

So what I really wanted to know is if there is a difference in security performance between the two? Will a clever malware/trojan/virus be able to some how slip through either or both of the programs and infect the pc?

i think you do not understand fully what i told you previously, comodo sandbox if you want to run any program it should be in partially limited until or unless it wun't run, then malware can infect your system, but sandboxie having capacity to stimulate the situation that malware is actually running in the real system, then malware can't infect your system. sandboxie having capacity like VM ware, so it can stimulate the situation what malware wanted to do if you run that malware as a administrator with in sandboxie. it is like running or testing a program in VMware, now also i did not explained correct way so that you can understand the difference then i am sorry dude wasting your time, bey bye bye. :P

Archived