I have Firefox 9 and need help

ROMANTICGUY50

ROMANTICGUY50

For some reason the extentions are still on the browser but not listed in the extentions. I gave no idea what could have happened to make them disappeare

• Replies 10
  • Views 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Afaik, this happens when your add-on list gets corrupted or the addons in the folder are manually modified incorrectly or are deleted.

EDIT: Some are reporting that Add-on Compatibility Reporter fixes problems.

ROMANTICGUY50

Didn't for me. Also when I dowloaded the FREEBE addon it didn't show up either.

Your Profile data damaged.

1. Press CTRL+Shift+B to show all your Bookmarks. Go to "Import and Backup" and save them in JSON file format (Backup).

2. Delete your Profile for Firefox located usually in C:\Users\"your name"\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla.

3. Run Firefox, it will immediately create empty Profile. You need to download + install add-ons, but this is necessary.

4. To recover your Bookmarks press CTRL+Shift+B again, go to "Import and Backup/Restore/Choose from file", then locate your previously saved JSON file and let it be imported.

PS: I have FF 9.01 as well, no probs with any add-ons.

PS II: You need to backup the Profile data (when all properly done). To do so, copy the Mozilla folder mentioned already to the other location (like USB HDD drive).

If your Profile got corrupted again, simply delete the Mozilla folder on your system drive (it is usually located in C:\Users\"your name"\AppData\Roaming\) and copy the folder from your USB HDD into that location instead.

I forgot to mention that the folder AppData is hidden. You need to change value in explorer to see hidden folders.

I have already done that.

Another problem for me

Sometimes, website not loading in firefox. Firefox acts like there is no internet connection for a minute. Chrome & Opera runs normally !

I have read somewhere that Since Firefox 6.0, the default value of "network.http.max- connections" has been increased from 30 to 256.

http: / / kb.mozillazine.org/ Network.http.max- connections

any idea

If you ever downloaded the Firefox extension named "Fasterfox" - remove this immediately. if you do not - go to about:config and check the value you mentioned, it should be 48. network.max.connections-per server should be 15.

unknownasphyxiated

@anuraag

In Firefox 8 desktop on Windows, the default has been reduced to 48.

@Olexijl

got no problem with Fasterfox Lite....just make sure you choose "Optimized" for presets setting

certain website block connection when using "Turbo Charged"

@anuraag

In Firefox 8 desktop on Windows, the default has been reduced to 48.

@Olexijl

got no problem with Fasterfox Lite....just make sure you choose "Optimized" for presets setting

certain website block connection when using "Turbo Charged"

The extension is not compatible to FF 9 completely...

Archived