Quick Scan: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware vs Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Mr.M

• Replies 12
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in my opinion, i think emsisoft didn`t detect may be because the files and folders that has been scanned by emsisoft and MBAM is different. you can see the scanned files, emsisoft is 965 and the other is registry entries. MBAM scanned more files than emsisoft :huh:

Yeah, MBAM is always better for an overall scan of your system, it has better registry clean scope, but nothing to do against IKarus engine =(

Does Malwarebytes uses it's own AV engine or some other vendor's?

Does Malwarebytes uses it's own AV engine or some other vendor's?

i think MBAM uses its own engine

I've never used the product, but it seems that it's really good (as per the reviews), and for me it's amazing that a small firm has a really good AV.

• Administrator

It's not a AV, it's an anti-malware. ;)

Though, these days the line between an AV and an AM would have been blurred, MBAM's still advised to be used as an anti-malware. MBAM has the best on-demand scan in the world, yes, in this case, it IS the best. It's live protection is not that great (though you can still use it with together with an normal AV but recently it's having some problems). MBAM, with just on demand scan is free, but live protection needs a serial... I'll recommend scanning with it every month with my eyes closed. ^_^

Archived