myidisbb

peerguardian vs peerblock vs protowall

which should we be using?

• Replies 8
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Not sure about Protowall but Peerblock is recommended. Peerblock is a new, running, in development version of Peerguardian 2.

So yea, Peerblock.

doesn't really do much.. coz the baseline IP ranges are good, but some of it can render perfectly normal sites unreachable due to the blocking.. it's more of a paranoia-software when I used it.. thinking of trying to bypass the RIAA or MPAA?, well not much I say..

• Administrator

I disagree. Just "Allow HTTP" in Peerblock and it won't block any websites. Those who are good in using Peerblock don't get caught even in a harsh anti-piracy state. And those who haven't used IP Blocking, have regretted at some time.

here are two little discussions goin on, with the following catch phrases:

"can be at least somewhat effective in reducing the amount of "ISP Warning Letters.."

and

"false sense of security.."

just something to consider & ponder.. well like I always love to say,

the proof of the pudding is definitely in the eating.. downloading and installing them are a breeze, so simply try it if it lives up to your expectation.. no harm done I say right? :lol:

looking for to block p2p block and other nasty sites so my kid doesnt mess his computer up while im gone. oh does someone have a link to a different host files? some what of a pain getting them at times

I disagree. Just "Allow HTTP" in Peerblock and it won't block any websites. Those who are good in using Peerblock don't get caught even in a harsh anti-piracy state. And those who haven't used IP Blocking, have regretted at some time.

What are the negatives to allowing HTTP?

Archived