Which one of these antivirus would you recommend to install

mrkool123

I am contemplating on installing one of these two anti-viruses AVG 2012 PRO or Avira 2012 PRO.Which would recommend?Im installing on a laptop with these specs. Duo core processor 1.75Ghz,3 GB RAM DDR2.Which will have lower impact on system resources and lower impact on boot time?

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

resource? for me it's avira,AVG use too many process :P but it's always better for avast it's really light on my old PC :)

someone said in one of the forums here on nsane that the best AV is "brain.exe" and he/she is right

With a system with your specifications, I would install neither. I recommend the following:

1. Symantec

2. ESET

3. Avast

These AVs are extremely light-weight on your system resources and provides the best protection.

Duo core processor 1.75Ghz,3 GB RAM DDR2.Which will have lower impact on system resources ..

Get Process Lasso and CleanMem and your system will be much, much, much more responsive.. did I say much, much? lolx..

.. lower impact on boot time?

no amout of mechanical hard drives will ever increase nor maintain an uber-fast startup -- that largely depends on brand, model, even how fragmented your drive and how messed-up Windows registry state is.. if we aim to achieve blazing fast performance, then SSD is the undisputed king, but obviously for the price it commands, it's far-fetch for everybody to have..

and yeah Avast will do very nicely with your current setup..

With a system with your specifications, I would install neither. I recommend the following:

1. Symantec

2. ESET

3. Avast

These AVs are extremely light-weight on your system resources and provides the best protection.

Yeah, I agree about Symantec. That is, if you consider an elephant to be light-weight.

While it may run ok on newer, more powerful systems, it will make most other PC user experiences something like trying to escape from quicksand.

Trust: 91.75 %

1. Symantec

2. ESET

3. Avast

Yeah, I agree about Symantec. That is, if you consider an elephant to be light-weight.

While it may run ok on newer, more powerful systems, it will make most other PC user experiences something like trying to escape from quicksand.

Trust: 91.75 %

I don't consider an elephant to be light-weight :P I installed Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2012 on my 1.4 GHz (single core), 512 MB RAM and it runs quite fast and smooth and does not slow down my system, comparatively to other AVs. And besides, many 'independent' reviews also claim Symantec to be one of the lightest suite, if not the lightest of all.

1. Symantec

2. ESET

3. Avast

Hey.Thanks, i ended up installing norton internet security 2011 and its very light and running smooth.I am not noticing any system slowdown at all.

1. Symantec

2. ESET

3. Avast

Hey.Thanks, i ended up installing norton internet security 2011 and its very light and running smooth.I am not noticing any system slowdown at all.

I'm glad I could help :) I'd like to ask you, if you don't mind, why did you install Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2011 and not 2012? It's much lighter and faster than its predecessors.

check the video i posted you will see how norton failed in the detection test thanks and regards:)

Can you share the video on the forum, please?

check the video i posted you will see how norton failed in the detection test thanks and regards:)

Can you share the video on the forum, please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PIIRz3flDbE

Archived