Windows 7 Build 6519 Screenshot Gallery

Marik

Paul Thurrott has posted a screenshot gallery of Windows 7, you know -the one that was handed to developers back in December 2007; well for those who have been living under a rock and haven't seen them yet, follow the link below.

6ktqb7a.jpg

"... A few weeks back, the first external build of Windows 7, the next version of Windows, fell into my hands. I installed it initially in just a virtual machine and took hundreds of shots, and that's what you're looking at here. Essentially, Windows 7 build 6519--dating back to December 2007--is just a slightly enhanced version of Windows Vista.

My guess--and at this point, it's just a guess--is that things will change more significantly over time. But even in this early build, a number of interesting developments emerge. I'll have more to say about that in the days ahead. For now, enjoy this first screenshot gallery. It won't be the last."

view.gif Source: Paul Thurrott's Windows 7 Screenshot Gallery Part 1

view.gif Source: Paul Thurrott's Windows 7 Screenshot Gallery Part 2

• Replies 9
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why the hell do i wanna buy something that looks exactly like vista lol.. and wait years for it ;)

ill stick with xp.

i am moving, after 14 years with Windows (since 3.1), to Mac OS X. My MacBook should arrive on the 09th...

I must say I tried Vista and did not like it. I'll still need a windows installation on my MacBook (via bootcamp) due to some software being windows only, but I'll stick with XP. It has served me very good since its launch and probably will continue to be for years to come.

Cheers.

why the hell do i wanna buy something that looks exactly like vista lol.. and wait years for it :P

ill stick with xp.

We wont be moving to that interface

Right now they are just working on kernel level testing...

But in order to have an interface.. they r using Vista shell for now...

Once kernel has been optimised they will move towards the top.. that is the interface.. which would probably start early next year or so... ;)

i am moving, after 14 years with Windows (since 3.1), to Mac OS X. My MacBook should arrive on the 09th...

I must say I tried Vista and did not like it. I'll still need a windows installation on my MacBook (via bootcamp) due to some software being windows only, but I'll stick with XP. It has served me very good since its launch and probably will continue to be for years to come.

Cheers.

There is so much love for XP after Vista came out :fear: which was so much cursed befoer Vista

King BlackTiger

I hope Win 7.1 will be more customizable. With "more customizable" I want to say that it would be nice if it could support "extensions" for the desktop (like XGL, my obsession ;) ) or other. I perssonaly don`t like WinBlinds.

I think that Vista is a step back and two forward, but Win 7.1 (Vista SE) will be much better.

Since MS announced, that the official support of xp will continue until 2010 and will NOT stop in 2008, i'll use XP. I don't like Vista, because it's not productive.

Greetz SCORPiON

Since MS announced, that the official support of xp will continue until 2010 and will NOT stop in 2008, i'll use XP. I don't like Vista, because it's not productive.

Greetz SCORPiON

Xp is fully supported to 2010.

But partially to 2014.

look almost exactly like Vista...
We wont be moving to that interface

Right now they are just working on kernel level testing...

But in order to have an interface.. they r using Vista shell for now...

Once kernel has been optimised they will move towards the top.. that is the interface.. which would probably start early next year or so... :sneaky:

No more explanation needed? ;)

Archived