Suggestions For New/ Removals/ Changes Application Listings on nsane.down

Lite

• Administrator

If anyone has any suggestions for New/ Removals/ Changes Application Listings on nsane.down please send me these via PM. (please don't post them here - its harder to keep a track of)

We are currently reviewing listings and any feedback we receive is extremely handy.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 18
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

always wanted to make a crack/patch/serial software changelog to let the users just what app's get updated and with what crack/patch/serial

what do you guys think ?

always wanted to make a crack/patch/serial software changelog to let the users just what app's get updated and with what crack/patch/serial

what do you guys think ?

So a separate crack changelog section on the fp? Clarify your thoughts marik! This is a bit unclear to me, could be due to my lack of understanding english though. :P

I think at least the name of the crackteam that supplied the crack/serial/patch should be mentioned... Users of the fp can from there on find the informations from the webpages of the crackteams and you give them the credit they deserve.

ps. like your new avatar lite, i love the simpsons almost as much as south park ;)

yes I was thinking of making a thread (don't know in which section to place it exactly)

make it a sticky, and post only the apps which get updated with cracks... something along the lines

04-04-2008 Changelog

+ AnyDVD:

- Added 6.4.0.0.6 beta crack by Resurrection

- Deleted the v6.4.0.0 changelog since it made the thread to big

something like that

Cracks would fall under software i guess ;) But only post there when an application's crack gets updated, right? So members know when there's a new crack out for their software... Handy.

Another suggestion: Maybe add WinAvi (Version 7.7 though, 8.0 has too many bugs), since it's one of the most fast programs for converting to DVD and has the ability to add subtitles? (Which i explained in my tutorial about how to burn a dvd with subtitles :dance2:) I can provide a kg and the installation file.

Hi,

I tested many software last month. My idea is simple:

Software doesn't need to be commercial to be good. I've tried to install as much as possible freeware (and even opensource). Commercial software will become redundant in the future, I think.

Here are my suggestions:

* New (and must-be 'staff picks' !)

* Removals (I always added a freeware alternative that is as good as the listed software)

NEW

I will only suggest freeware solutions here. Most of these solutions are better than commercial software.

I've only chosen software that can compete with full featured commercial software, so I think all these 'new software' deserve a 'staff pick' :lol:

System & Security

- Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic (www.free-av.com)

- AVG Antivirus Free (free.grisoft.com)

- Piriform Defraggler (www.defraggler.com) => Is it possible to add 'Piriform' with Ccleaner and Recuva :P

- Speedfan (www.almico.com)

- All CPUID-software (www.cpuid.com)

- Ubuntu Linux (I don't use it, but a linux generation is coming ;)) (www.ubuntu.com)

- WinPatrol (www.winpatrol.com)

Multimedia

- The Gimp (a nice alternative to Adobe Photoshop) (www.gimp.org)

- Inkscape (www.inkscape.org)

- GOM Player (www.gomplayer.com)

- InfraRecorder (infrarecorder.sourceforge.net)

- PDF Creator (www.pdfforge.org)

Misc

- IZArc (www.izarc.org)

- Kompozer (alternative to Microsoft Frontpage) (www.kompozer.net)

P2P Clients

- FrostWire is 'LimeWire Pro' AND FREE, so I think this deserves a pick instead of LimeWire.

REMOVALS

I always added a freeware alternative that is as good as the listed software

- <Obsolete software> => <Better Freeware Solution>

System & Security

- ZoneAlarm => Comodo Firewall Pro and PC Tools Firewall

Multimedia

- BSPlayer => VLC Media Player and GOM Player. BSPlayer Free comes with adware.

- Media Player Classic => OK, but VLC and GOM are just too good. Development also stopped.

- Slysoft CD/DVD => InfraRecorder is thé open source burner !

- QuickTime Alternative => GOM (and I think also VLC) can play QuickTime-files. OK, but obsolete

- P2Player => GOM player can play broken/incomplete files !

- Easy CD-DA => FreeRIP

Misc

- CuteFTP => SmartFTP and FileZilla

- FlashFXP => SmartFTP and FileZilla

- UltraISO => InfraRecorder can create ISO's !

This is just in my humble opinion ;)

• Administrator

Thanks for your suggestions. Your thoughts will be added to our considerations.

Acctually FlashFXP gets my preference above all the other FTP clients.. not sure about the rest of you tho ;)

Acctually FlashFXP gets my preference above all the other FTP clients.. not sure about the rest of you tho ;)

Same here.. Altho I think it's listed already.. Let it stay! :smoke:

Maybe add SumatraPDF, small pdf reader, installer around meg, think it can be dled w/o installer too if you wanna try it out.. Much better than others, fast & simple..

If you need more advanced features, then it's a no go tho..

Is Alcohol 120% listed? I use it a lot, filehippo checker catches updates tho, so whatever u like..

Fraps? :P

XChat? (irc client)

As you see ppl, don't mind if u don't list any.. ;p

- Pidgin IM => www.pidgin.im

- FreeMind (educational tool for creating mindmaps) => freemind.sourceforge.net

- Comodo AntiVirus (after the free firewall, also a free antivirus !) => www.antivirus.comodo.com

• 2 months later...
spasserfan

SystemboosterXP (I made a guide here ) is a great application, I think you should add it to the FP

And when they get released (should be the end of this month:

CAVS3 (Comodo anit virus/spyware)

CIS (Comodo Internet Suite)

SystemboosterXP (I made a guide here ) is a great application, I think you should add it to the FP

I think Lite would be happy to put SystemBooster on, but when it gets updated again... Because we aren't supposed to put old software on the frontpage :) I like the app a lot too, since it really does work. Maybe we could bend the rules a little and act like the version that is currently out has always been on our downloads page? Therefore not posting a note of a 'new version' on the fp and just adding it to the list anyway? Just some thinking!

spasserfan

I think Lite would be happy to put SystemBooster on, but when it gets updated again... Because we aren't supposed to put old software on the frontpage :rolleyes: I like the app a lot too, since it really does work. Maybe we could bend the rules a little and act like the version that is currently out has always been on our downloads page? Therefore not posting a note of a 'new version' on the fp and just adding it to the list anyway? Just some thinking!

So if the news had been on the FP when Zues_Hunt posted this app in the software news here you could easier put systembooster on the FP? Well it is a little late now (1 year and 8 months :))... I hope you it can get FP'ed anyways, because I think that many would miss it otherwise. Isn't the FP supposed to be the programs that the NSANE staff recommends? If so my question is just isn't it possible to reccomend very good by a little older software? (if I should answer this I would say yes, since I already recommend systemboosterXP ;))

• Administrator

Comodo AV/AS/IS have a LONG way to go in detection % terms before they can even be considered for the FP.

spasserfan
Comodo AV/AS/IS have a LONG way to go in detection % terms before they can even be considered for the FP.

You cannot compare with CAVS2 since that actually is abandonware :)... Comodo has stopped CAVS2 development a long time ago because they also were disappointed with it... Of course you should not put it on the FP unless it really is in the top what comes to protection and proative defense. But since it is not released yet we can't really jugde yet, can we? :angry:

My bad. I should have written if CAVS3 in class with NOD32 etc. when it gets released. Forgive me for my sin :beg:

• 7 months later...

Meh.. Flashfxp.. I could easily make an ftp software with half the functions and ui elements fxp has, simpler, easier to use.

However I prefer functionality over simplicity, unless it's extremely bulky, so smartftp is my way to go =)

kinda prompted to mention this because my NODlogin has stopped updating over the last couple of day.

not sure why. working fine on one PC but not another...

either way, my suggestion would be to add NODEnabler to both ESET products.

It does pretty much the same as NODlogin, but searched NOD321 website where usernames and passwords are updated constantly.

seems to work fine. I found it at:

Link Removed. Pls Read rules before posting http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?act=boardrules

Archived