AV Comparatives Removal Test December 2011

maia

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kaspersky and norton is good at removal, but avast is the worst? mmm.... i never think that avast is poor at removal

Looks like ESET failed to.

Serves them right. They should focus on malware protection instead of bloating their products with useless features.

They tested the new Webroot colud based suite. Didn't do half bad. :lol: Reached Advanced. :D

Hmmm...PC Tools is new and generally doesn't get good reviews but it seems to be pretty good at removal...strange.

Why curious? It's just a partial test. See the caption:

These tests focus only on the malware removal/cleaning capabilities, therefore all used samples are samples that the tested Anti-Virus products are able to detect. It has nothing to do with detection rates or protection capabilities. Of course, if an Anti-Virus is not able to detect the malware, it is also not able to remove it.
The main question is if the products are able to successfully remove malware and its leftovers from an already infected/compromised system. The test report is aimed to normal/typical home users and not Administrators or advanced users that may have the knowledge for advanced/manual malware removal/repair procedures.

I'm sure PC Tools will fail when it entered the Whole Product Dynamic Test. :)

Norton is good in : Firewall,Dynamic tests,removal and performance.Only False Positive is high.

Norton is good in : Firewall,Dynamic tests,removal and performance.Only False Positive is high.

Exactly, that is why I reverted back to Norton Internet Security 2012 :) But the false positive can be cumbersome at times, but I'm just going to live with that.

Kaspersky forever and beyond, their need to do some more work on the fake AVs though

Kaspersky is really good, but Symantec can do the same job using lower resources. One advantage of Kaspersky would be it's very few false positives.

Kaspersky is really good, but Symantec can do the same job using lower resources. One advantage of Kaspersky would be it's very few false positives.

Thats one of the major problem i have with norton, i have a whole drive full of files that norton detect as FP. It was a headache

so you are right, its one of the major reason for choosing Kaspersky

Archived