DAEMON Tools is bloated hoo-ha?

Alanon

Are DAEMON Tools bloated Hoo-ha?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are DAEMON Tools bloated Hoo-ha?

I've recently installed DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced on my clean PC, and it just died on me, and messed up the sptd drivers completely, so much that even deinstallation with third party software along with the drivers did not fix it. Further more, it would seem that most other sptd emulation software doesn't work properly either. So I chucked this piece of hog. Installed UltraISO, but it also gave me errors, and finally settled for PowerISO. So far so good.

Which leads me to my question: Do you think that DAEMON Tools is a bloated piece of software?

• Replies 18
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think its bloated but I haven't used it in a while. I was installing Alcohol 120% on my Windows XP machine a while back and the install crashed the OS every time I tried to install. I don't know what OS you have but it seems that the install of the sptd drivers doesn't work well with the OS.

I use DVDfab virtual drive for a while now. Does the job. Otherwise Slysofts virtual clone drive is also a good one. I know Daemon tools and Alcohol have more features but I don't need them.

I switched to Virtual CloneDrive about more than a year ago and haven't looked back to Daemon Tools since. VCD has worked great for mounting all the ISOs that I have used, and I also love the minimalistic UI(basically, it's just right-click mount or unmount). It's very convenient to work with inside Windows Explorer(no need to bring up other UI), I highly recommend it!

:cheers:

If you mean Daemon Tools Pro, then yes - true, Lite - no, just enough features and lightweight too :)

I still like Lite, just gotta remember to remove the checks during install from the adware that comes with it. Other than that, it's all good and lightweight.

virtual clone drive is good but can't read NRG image plus the more exotic type of image. Now, I'm using gizmo central http://arainia.com/software/gizmo/ great piece of image tools. Got 10 virtual drive and its FREEWARE! Had been using alcohol/VCDrive/daemon/isobuster but this gizmo I think is the best for now to me.

Only tried Daemon Tools Lite, but I actually use PowerISO. Reason for that is because I had wanted something like a WinZip interface...

Anyway, if you use Daemon Tools Lite, it's definitely not bloated. Most of the stuff they give you in the other versions are pretty useless since I have no clue how to use them - so if your not gonna be using many of them, yes it is bloated, otherwise no.

• 2 weeks later...

Been using DT Lite or Pro for years...never an issue. I also like PowerISO as well..

I use DT Lite or Pro for years, on Windows 2000, XP, Vista or 7 working like a charm. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Archived