Help : Hacking the Android .

majithia23

howdy guys .!

ok , so i dont own an Android , but one of my complete nerdy friends has asked my help in hacking his Samsung Nexus S .

by hacking i am sure you got my point -- Rooting and Flashing and all that .

so i know , what Rooting is ,and i did search it for the ways possible to do it , but there are just so many out there and m not so sure what way to go ...?

so what is the safest and easiest way to go to Rooting the phone ?

and after Rooting , how do you go about Flashing it ?

what specifically to look for in doing it safely ....

which version of ROM , compatibility , simple clear safe steps ...

i did search for it too , but the amount of info out there is just too much , a little intimidating . ( and not to mention the reference to Kernels and Themes , made me more uncomfortable .... )

its like every page put there for the job is just full of it !

couldnt find any clear and simple and lucid straight forward guide , to get the knowledge .

so i started this help thread , as there might be many who have done all this and can guide me in simple steps .. :)

so , let the tutorial begin please ...! :)

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the link Leet .

i already am surfing through the pages at XDA along with about 20 more from across the web .

as i said , it was this overload of info every where , regarding how to go about with the task , that prompted me to start this thread in search of some easy way out or say 'spoon feeding ' . :P

i already rooted the phone , following the instructions here :) --

now i am trying to get some info , on how to go about with flashing the ROM safely ...

if you have any tips or helpers , it will be appreciated .. :)

I actually just rooted my Motorola Milestone 3 days ago using this site. http://lifehac.kr/eWgDlu

It gives clear and simple instructions and also links to the programs you will need.

Hope this helps!

Oh I see you have already rooted it. Little late on the draw! maybe that site can give you some insructions on flashing the rom. Not to sure if it does, might be worth the look.

http://bit.ly/cW5eGk seems promising!

Archived