Budget Andriod Tablet PC

Tweety.Abd

Hey!

I'm planning to buy a tablet PC for my younger siblings, and I've come across this Tablet called Craig CMP 738a Touchscreen Andriod Tablet PC. It's cheap and I believe is a good value too. But I don't really have much of know-how about the Tablets and which one's best, so I'd like to ask you guys think as to what would be the best Tablet PC and is the mentioned Tablet PC any good?

Usage:

1. Listen to Music

2. Surfing the internet (Facebook, YouTube, Hulu, etc.)

3. Playing games (Angry Birds, other variety of Facebook games, mainly based on flash)

4. Reading PDF, using word processor and presentation softwares

5. Watching movies/videos (Mainly non-HD)

The budget is around $100 to $200.

Thanks in advance :)

• Replies 13
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The one you linked to has a resistive touch screen. Try to find one with a Capacitive screen.

I'm pretty sure you will struggle to find everything you want for that price however.

Found this one after a really quick search. Here is an alternative. Reviews need to read about both. They will be coming from China.

The one you linked to has a resistive touch screen. Try to find one with a Capacitive screen.

I'm pretty sure you will struggle to find everything you want for that price however.

Thank you so much for your reply. I know the budget is pretty low, but I can add another $50 to my budget but not more than that. I've found one tablet on New Egg is it any good?

I don't know if you saw my edit or not.

That Viewsonic one looks pretty handy to be honest.

I didn't check your edit until now. And thank you so much for the recommendations. I'm considering the tablet you've linked in the 2nd post, but I'm a bit skeptical about it specially since it's Chinese made and it's not made by a popular brand. My second choice is ViewSonic tablet, but it has Andriod 2.3 and doesn't have much of apps as the Chinese tablet, and besides the website where it is being sold isn't very popular (I never heard of it before).

What one do you think is better? The Chinese Tablet or the ViewSonic with the usage in view?

• Administrator

What one do you think is better? The Chinese Tablet or the ViewSonic with the usage in view?

Its a major negative that the ViewSonic doesn't come with the Android Market. Especially if buying for a younger person, they would be missing out on things they enjoy.

I'll have another look on some US sites see if i can come up with something else. Prices in the US are pretty cheap vs Europe.

Its a major negative that the ViewSonic doesn't come with the Android Market. Especially if buying for a younger person, they would be missing out on things they enjoy.

I'll have another look on some US sites see if i can come up with something else. Prices in the US are pretty cheap vs Europe.

I didn't know that, thanks for informing about it :) I thought you could just go to Andriod Market website and download stuff. Yes I'm buying for a younger person, and they'd definitely miss out lots of things and probably beat the crap out of me getting a crappy tab. I highly appreciate your help and I'm grateful to you :)

Thank you so much for all your assistance and expertise :)

• Administrator

There is quite a bit of conflicting information about the ViewSonic, some sites claim it comes with the Android Market, others claim it doesn't.

We really need to find a tablet running atleast Android 3.0, as running 2.2./2.3 on a tablet has some strange results at times.

There is quite a bit of conflicting information about the ViewSonic, some sites claim it comes with the Android Market, others claim it doesn't.

We really need to find a tablet running atleast Android 3.0, as running 2.2./2.3 on a tablet has some strange results at times.

Thank you so much for your help :) But I don't think that there are any Andriod 3.0 Tablet within my budget :(

You are missing Android market?

Type inside Google search mask "android market apk", download the apk file, check the apk with your antivirus on your PC (Kaspersky said no viruses), transfer it to your device and install it.

You can find the apk file here. Do not forget to read the text completely, it's interesting. The direct link: http://lts.cr/BDW_ (since it is official apk file, it is not illegal so not sharecoded).

The chinese tablet has Android 3.0....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Did you ever buy one? (Sorry i otherwise occupied on the matter so didn't get a chance to have another look).

The Kindle Fire is probably the tablet of choice at the moment for your budget however ;)

Archived