Windows XP SP3 delayed?

flempie

After we broke the story on the release of Windows Vista Service Pack 1, we now have updated news and more details of the long-awaited Service Pack 3 for Windows XP. Microsoft has also made some changes to when and how Windows XP Service Pack 3 will be released. Here are the details...

Windows XP Service Pack 3 will contain hotfixes and updates released since Windows XP SP2. It will also include an expanded set of product keys for Windows XP Professional that were originally introduced in Windows XP SP2c.

Microsoft clarified that there will not be any integrated SP3 release for Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows XP Tablet Edition. That means you won't be able to buy or obtain a complete Windows XP Media Center Edition / Tablet Edition SP3 CD. In addition, users of Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows XP Tablet Edition will only be able to update to Service Pack 3 through Windows Update.

All languages will now be released in two waves. Earlier, Microsoft said that languages support for Windows XP Service Pack 3 will be released in three waves. What was previously identified as wave 2 and 3 have now been combined into a single wave 2.

Microsoft has also delayed RTM for Windows XP Service Pack 3 to provide sufficient time to incorporate feedback from the beta testers. (In other words, they can't make their original deadline!)

Due to the changes in language releases and Windows XP SP3 RTM's release, here's the updated schedule.

Wave

Languages

Planned RTM

Chinese (Simplified), English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish

Second half of April 2008

Arabic, Chinese (Hong Kong), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Swedish, and Turkish

Approximately 21 days

after Wave 1 RTM

With the exception of Windows XP Media Center Edition and Windows XP Tablet Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 3 will be released in both standalone and integrated formats. It will be available in both CD and DVD formats, except for the Japanese language version which will only be in DVD format.

Source: Tech ARP

• Replies 9
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup read about it here

how not cool :)....gg m$

so...

the inquirer news link from today i post...in the other SP3 topic, was true.

Microsoft never meet their deadlines...

and maybe they hope to sell a few copy of Vista at peoples tired of waiting the SP3

Why not try a stripped version of Vista/Server 2008? Prefebly Server 2008. They're simple enough to make...

There's also a lad over at a particular forum stripping down SP1 :sneaky:

Granted I'd rather not use any Windows but a stripped Vista/Server 2008 is better than XP/Server 2003 and indeed the stripped varieties.

so...

no true...they released their f****** piece of vista one day earlier....well ofc it's VISTA....and now they keep extending the SP3 since it well XP :sneaky:

so...

no true...they released their f****** piece of vista one day earlier....well ofc it's VISTA....and now they keep extending the SP3 since it well XP :rolleyes:

well...

Vista was supposed to be release 1-2 years earlier :sneaky:

and, even with the SP1, it still not ready.

i wonder if the next windows will be released in time...and not being as bad.

so...

no true...they released their f****** piece of vista one day earlier....well ofc it's VISTA....and now they keep extending the SP3 since it well XP :rolleyes:

well...

Vista was supposed to be release 1-2 years earlier :sneaky:

and, even with the SP1, it still not ready.

i wonder if the next windows will be released in time...and not being as bad.

Why do you all think Vista is all so bad, do you guys remember back when XP came out and no one liked it? it had its flaws also but I have never had as much of a problem with Vista as I have had with XP and if you guys think XP is so much better then why do you want the service pack so bad??????

SacredCultivator

^I think it goes without saying.. Service Packs generally FIX/PATCH things up, in other words usually makes things better, as that is its purpose. =X

...why do you want the service pack so bad??????

to finally replace my original xpsp2.iso with an xpsp3.iso :fear: it will simply feel a bit better then xpsp2 with integrated fixes/updatepacks :sneaky:

aaaand as far as Vista being bad - I thought it would take about a year or two to set things at least somewhat right as it was with XP. nothing's changed so far and it's always the little things that bother me the most :rolleyes: and sure u can fix em by doing this and that, but frankly - there comes a time when I as a consumer just don't give a shit. give me a an install with everything already fixed and working :) (and don't get me wrong, I do love windows, so don't even start with "well then, buy a mac" crap) :fear:

whooooops, another Vista rant.

it's still good for casual office use thou :lol:

^I think it goes without saying.. Service Packs generally FIX/PATCH things up, in other words usually makes things better, as that is its purpose. =X

I know what the patches do I am just saying that everyone Likes XP so much better then Vista but it still has its problems and its been 5 or 6 years sence XP came out. so I guess I am just tiered of hearing about how much people don't like vista. and I dont have a mac lol, as much as I hear its so much better from Mac and linux users I still just dont use it.

Archived