Ikarus & Sophos

just1acc

What's your opinion about them? Nsaners seems 'NUMB' about their existence!

Please do reply. As well if any fix available. Haven't get legit download links about them through Google.

Regards. :wub:

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They use sophos at the research computers at uni... must be decent, but then again, some unis use Mcafee :lol:

about ikarus http://www.nsaneforu...age__hl__ikarus

about sophos don`t know really what to say...i know it does have an incredible detection rate... :/

Thanks for reply tipo. +1 :wub:

Its weird, I used search button for both, but that thread never came.

They released v 2.0 recently.

Hope its not bad. I have a pathetic slow net connection for home. Installation failed at 98%, so can't get to try that. No offline installer is available ( for me) till.

They use sophos at the research computers at uni... must be decent, but then again, some unis use Mcafee :lol:

Actually most security news comes from Sophos Lab. Gmail Use sophos as virus scanner. :rockon:

Their twitter account is so active and gives legit tech infos. In virustotal result we get both of them ( & ikarus ). Sophos has so big name. McAfee sucks, I agree. But there is not much threads about sophos 'sucks' or 'rocks'!

Basically IDK if they have released any 'home purpose' antivirus suite after 2008 ! :dribble:

they both have great engines. ikarus is used by emsisoft antimalware. if you use virustotal you will see on the detections of emsisoft the "IK!" ending. that`s the engine of ikarus. incredible rare "A2" endings though... (emsisoft own engine) ;)

about sophos i only know that everything i upload to virustotal is caught by it. in those stupid tests (av-comparatives etc) sophos either has a low score or it doesn`t appear. i guess the sophos guys know that their product is good enough and that they don`t have to buy their way to the first place.

it`s a real Internet Securirity mob out there. it`s just a matter of time `till one "bullies" you to give them money.

About ikarus :

Nothing special to describe as I tested. The engine is good, as well pretty good amount FP. If anybody interested in ikarus I would recommend go for Emsisoft Anti Malware or Hitman Pro v3.

Sophos:

Hope this vendor 'll get some more attention as it deserve. Inspite Kaspersky has easy available serials all coders go for cracking it. May be some coders look at this one.

Its sad that after Box and Tony's inactivity, rest of the coder's actually narrowed down to Kaspersky, Norton, ESET, Avast...many fixes for same product.

Archived