Is RegVac Registry Cleaner better than others?

spasserfan

I tried RegVac Registry Cleaner and it seems to find a lot more than tuneup utilities 2008, which I used before. I am therefore consider using this program instead. What is your experience with this app?

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you better know what you are doing with does registry's or you could mess up your HDD :P

TuneUp goes a long way here. Just don't mess up your PC so much, then you dont have to clean it all day either.

i have use tune up utilities for several years.a nice safe program.i use it and ccleaner.enough registry cleaner for me.

i have use tune up utilities for several years.a nice safe program.i use it and ccleaner.enough registry cleaner for me.

That's the perfect combo for me too!

bearoninternet
I tried RegVac Registry Cleaner and it seems to find a lot more than tuneup utilities 2008, which I used before. I am therefore consider using this program instead. What is your experience with this app?

In my windows-days i used regvac quite a while. It CAN mess up your system though, and since it is pretty 'automatic' that's what happened to my os (xp pro). From then on i sticked to ccleaner, jv16 powertools (which is best but hardest imo), i didnt like the gui of tuneup, but it worked fine. Take care with ccleaner though, it's a great cleaning program but cleaning the registry with ccleaner got me into problems once.

I am using CCleaner and RegCure for a long time....no problem encounter. I have tried TuneUp, its a all-in-one utilities..not bad too!

TuneUp goes a long way here. Just don't mess up your PC so much, then you dont have to clean it all day either.

same here....tuneup ftw :)

In my windows-days i used regvac quite a while. It CAN mess up your system though, and since it is pretty 'automatic' that's what happened to my os (xp pro). From then on i sticked to ccleaner, jv16 powertools (which is best but hardest imo), i didnt like the gui of tuneup, but it worked fine. Take care with ccleaner though, it's a great cleaning program but cleaning the registry with ccleaner got me into problems once.

I guess i won't use regvac then. Are you saying that jv16 powertools is better than tuneup? Maybe I should give it a try!

I tried regvac before i formatted HDD, it found a lot (800+ running only the "safe" scan options after cleaning with tune up) looking at the results I could see it found some broken file-associations. My computer had no problems afterwards, but I wanted to know if the scans marked as "safe" in advanced mode really was that safe, because I do not have the time to verify 800+ items when I scan.

bearoninternet
I guess i won't use regvac then. Are you saying that jv16 powertools is better than tuneup? Maybe I should give it a try!

No i am not saying it is better, i didnt like the looks of tuneup, but it worked fine.

I tried regvac before i formatted HDD, it found a lot (800+ running only the "safe" scan options after cleaning with tune up) looking at the results I could see it found some broken file-associations. My computer had no problems afterwards, but I wanted to know if the scans marked as "safe" in advanced mode really was that safe, because I do not have the time to verify 800+ items when I scan.

Who would have the time for that? :) You should feel comfortable not uncertain especially when it comes to cleaning the registry.

From my experience, regvac wasn't safe (i am not sure about nowadays).

My advice would be running jv16 powertools, safe clean registry (not hard), and then compact the registry.

Especially the compacting registry option should give your system a boost.

If you decide to use tuneup, i am sure other people here are willing to help you out. ;)

Archived